Ref tagger inconsistency / topic.logos inconsistency

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 34444
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 24 2009 11:23 PM

In copying some citations from the Parallel Passages section of Logos 4, I entered Jude 14 into my web page. However, I had to enter Jude 1:14 in order to get reftagger to create the appropriate link.

And, while I'm griping, topics.logos.com does not recognize chapters only, I have to enter chapter and verse. This is a bit silly in several of my recent updates.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 11:18 AM
Hello, RefTagger should correctly recognize Jude 14-- and it appears to work fine in your post on this page. Can you provide a link to the page where you're seeing this problem? No, RefTagger will not recognize references to entire chapters. This is intentional, as it greatly reduces the chances of a non-reference being incorrectly tagged. We may add an option to enable chapter-level references in the future, but currently the only way to do it is to use the bibleref format (see http://www.logos.com/reftagger#bibleref).
Posts 34444
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 4:43 PM

Where I had to enter "1:" was http://lbs.layliturgy.org/?p=1004

I can toggle back and forth on the link/no link (see bottom line)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 9:36 AM

Sorry about the delayed response. You found a small bug in the way single-chapter books were handled. I have updated reftagger with a fix, so it should be working as expected now. Thanks a lot for reporting the issue.

Bryan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS