HIghlighting accross Bible versions

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Bradley Novacek | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:18 AM

Okay, so I love the "Sympathetic highlighting feature. What I have to wonder is, if Logos can highlight text across Bible versions instantaneously, why can't it let me permanently highlight a selected word/phrase across those same versions? I understand that Sympathetic highlighting only works with certain resources, but those are the only Bible versions I use. I used to get this before I upgraded to L4, and sympathetic highlighting proves that the connection between versions still exists, so why not allow me to see the highlighted text whenever I run across it.

For that matter, why can't I make a note to a specific word that will appear across those same Bible versions? Anyone who has done serious biblical exegesis knows what the difference a single word can make. Again I used to be able to do this before my upgrade, so why would they get rid of it?

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 3:01 AM

The New King James Version, the New International Version and the English Standard Version all use a different Greek text to translate from, so there is nothing to tie the various Engish words and phrases used in these translations together.  (Welcome to the forums, perhaps others will share a more complete answer to your questions.)

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS