Question for Logos - Upgrade pricing - new to you feature

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 1 2012 5:58 PM

Question for Logos

Is it correct that the discount price for upgrades only includes a discount for the base I have purchased?

If I click on the "New to you" tab, there are a lot of books that I am being told are new to me but I own, having purchased them over the years. If I contact logos directly, will these books I already own be considered in a better (for me) upgrade price or would I be required to pay for them again?

Also, The feature to select the various packages does not change the column in the bottom with  the chrome browser

Regards,

Clinton

Posts 280
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:07 PM

I also have books that I own being listed in the "New to You" section.

Posts 1511
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:08 PM

I called about this to Logos and was told that the books which i purchased are discounted already. THe upgrade price is the final price you would pay. Everyone has a different price depending on the amount of books he owns from the upgrade package. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 34
Mark Hunsaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:10 PM

I can confirm Slava's I called with the same question and got the same answer.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:11 PM

Mark Johnson:

I also have books that I own being listed in the "New to You" section.

If you find that books you already own are still marked as "New to You," make sure that you're not looking at a new edition of something you have, an expanded commentary series, or the like. Also make sure you're logged on to Logos with the same user ID you use for Logos4.

If you're sure their missing something you already own, report those in a new thread, so they can track down the issue with their database.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 190
EmileB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:12 PM

Slava, that isn't the question, really. The upgrade price is computer generated. That computer report indicates certain titles that are "new" to you on the upgrade page (i.e., that you don't own them). I have at least four major, expensive commentary sets that the upgrade page indicates that I don't own... that I actually DO own. So if my upgrade price is based on me not owning them, there's a problem....

Richard... no question... these sets are the same. I would recommend calling and trying to talk to someone beyond receiving  the standard CS response. 

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:23 PM

Mark Hunsaker:

I can confirm Slava's I called with the same question and got the same answer.

After checking the actual amount my son's upgrade price was and my upgrade price was, they are indeed different by $9.

Hmmm, I need to rethink my purchasing habits in the future. For what I spent I would have received much more waiting for the upgrade and most of my purchases are interest driven so there is no driving need.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS