Logos 5 Default Font

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1822
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:07 PM

sal:

Anyone know what the default Logos 4 font is called?  I know it can be accessed under "Default (Logos 4)" in program settings, but the Information, Passage Guide, and Exegetical Guide fonts remain in the Logos 5 default format.  I would prefer to change all fonts to the previous Logos 4 fonts if possible.

Skolar

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 47
JD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 9:02 PM

Hello there !

The Default Font for Logos 4 has ALWAYS been Times New Roman.  No" ifs or "buts... 

The most modern font that has been designed specifically for Hebrew and Greek simultaneously is Gentium;

you must find it on the net and download it yourself then install into Windows font directory.

Posts 27547
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 9:22 PM

Janusz Dubiel, BA, BTh, MA, MATh:
The Default Font for Logos 4 has ALWAYS been Times New Roman.  No" ifs or "buts...

I'm not going to argue… I don't know if you are right or not. Here is what Bob said:

Bob Pritchett:

The font in the user interface is Source Sans Pro. The font in the resources is Skolar.

Source Sans Pro does not yet have Greek, so I believe we're 'falling back' to another font in the UI. (I imagine Segoe UI on Windows.) Source Sans Pro should get polytonic Greek support in the near future, though,

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2691
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:09 PM

You are all right, I think

Janusz is on about L4
Alabama is on about L5

Skolar is new to L5 

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 24842
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:16 PM

Janusz Dubiel, BA, BTh, MA, MATh:

Hello there !

Maybe for you, but Logos' Default for Logos 4 is Athelas

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24842
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:28 PM

sal:
Anyone know what the default Logos 4 font is called?

Athelas

sal:
I know it can be accessed under "Default (Logos 4)" in program settings, but the Information, Passage Guide, and Exegetical Guide fonts remain in the Logos 5 default format. 

The Default font only affects resources. The UI has its own font (named in an earlier post) which is not selectable, so you can only change the text size of documents, tools and Guides

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 53
sal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 8:55 PM

Thanks Dave, that explains it.  And thanks to all for the responses.

Posts 5
John Houghton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:00 PM

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me.

How do you change the default panels that open, as in the above pictures.

I just want to open to the Bible and notes and not have to close all the ancillary information each time I open.

This software doesn't have a Mac feel, ease or customizable quality the way I am used to.

Any ideas.

Posts 24842
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:06 PM

Welcome John

Unfortunately you entered into a conversation that isn't related to your query. Please start a new thread in future.

John Houghton:
How do you change the default panels that open, as in the above pictures.

What pictures?

Perhaps this wiki page will contain the information you want  -> http://wiki.logos.com/Getting_Started_with_Logos

(look at Home Page and Layouts)

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 7
Stephen Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2013 7:56 PM

I love the new Logos 5 default font and look forward to it being available as the default font in notes.  So far, the default note font seems to still be the Logos 4 font (Athelas).

Posts 7
Stephen Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2013 8:01 PM

sal:

Anyone know what the default Logos 4 font is called?  I know it can be accessed under "Default (Logos 4)" in program settings, but the Information, Passage Guide, and Exegetical Guide fonts remain in the Logos 5 default format.  I would prefer to change all fonts to the previous Logos 4 fonts if possible.

Looks like it needs repeating: The Logos 4 Default Font is called "Athelas."

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS