Logos 4 vs Logos 5 : Base Package

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Leo Koo | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:42 PM

Hi guys!

I just bought L4 with the Original Languages package on Tuesday and come Friday, there's a new L5 with new packages.

Just wondering. Would it be good for me to return the L4 Original Language Package and opt to buy a L5 Package?

Or should I switch to Accordance? (Am a Mac user)

Appreciate the help! =)

GB!

Leo

p/s: Planning to resume my M.Div program in January =)

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:53 PM

I would suggest contacting customer service since you are still well within the 30 day return policy

Posts 17
Leo Koo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:11 PM

Thanks Fred! Just did awhile ago. Spoke to the Director of Sales =) Nice guy! Erm, he advised me to stay on the Original Languages package and upgrade. What do you think? =)

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:20 PM

He is probably telling you that because what you already own in L4 you will not lose in an upgrade. You will only gain any new features and resources that come with L5 package you upgrade to.

I guess you have three options:

1. Return the product and buy the L5 version for full price rather than the upgrade price

2. Upgrade L4 to L5

3. Stay where you are in L4

Without knowing your specific situation, I would think option 2 or 3 makes the most sense.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:44 PM

Leo Koo:
he advised me to stay on the Original Languages package and upgrade. What do you think?

If you're into original languages, OLL was by far the best bang for the buck of the L4 packages, and as it seems they have now discontinued it, that is even more true now. I would say: hold on to it, until and unless you are very sure you want something else instead. You have at least 30 days to return it.

My recommendation would be to wait at least a couple of weeks, investigate what you have, and wait for the options to become a bit clearer than they are now. There will be a free L5 engine upgrade later, and there will in all likelihood be a minimal crossgrade. If you do decide to switch to a new package, or buy a 'real' upgrade, compare carefully, do the maths, and get back to Santiago. Some of those junior sales reps have a tendency to not know all the options for OLL owners. Santiago does.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 17
Leo Koo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:54 PM

Thanks fgh! I did speak to Santiago. Didn't know if it's good to stay on in the OLL or to get a new package.

I also bought the 

1) Nelson Bible references bundle

2) MacArthur Lifeworks Library.

Both which are really good resources =) And the Nelson Bible references bundle came with the Word Biblical Commentary set! =) Which Accordance doesn't have =(

Tough decision, really.

Posts 10850
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 5:09 AM

fgh:
there will in all likelihood be a minimal crossgrade.

Bob Pritchett (Logos CEO) posted that this would be forthcoming and would include the new data sets. That post should be the first one in the first thread on this forum.

Oops, just checked. It is the first thread in the General Forum Official: Minimum Crossgrade and free engine download are coming!

Posts 17
Leo Koo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:04 AM

Thanks Jack! Saw that too! Was just thinking. Should I keep my OL Base Package and get a Silver just for the NAC set? :) my upgrade price would be USD 599, about the same as buying a brand new NAC set :)

Or.. Should I just return the OL BAse Package and buy a Silver/Gold set?

God Bless!

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:22 AM

Leo Koo:

Word Biblical Commentary set! =) Which Accordance doesn't have =(

Actually they do have it.

Posts 17
Leo Koo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:31 AM

Do they come with the Nelson Bundle Set? :) Couldn't find it on Accordance.

Only noticed they sold the WBC set separately. In that case, Logos' much more affordable... =(

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS