Selling Logos 4 rather than upgrading to Logos 5

Page 13 of 13 (250 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13
This post has 249 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:37 PM

Thankful for Logos Blog article "We Messed Up, and We're Sorry"  => http://blog.logos.com/2013/01/we-messed-up-and-were-sorry/

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 21
Ellis I. Washington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 8:16 AM

I do understand and yes, it seems Logos has acknowledged their marketing blunder. I consider myself a mature Christian but wasn't prepared for the psychology of having a Portfolio package (which I'm still paying for) and realizing that to upgrade to v. 5 Portfolio was a little over $2,000 for me. I was expecting an engine upgrade to work with my existing books. It also wasn't clear that if I "upgraded" to a lower version, I didn't loose anything from my existing collection. Somewhere buried in the marketing piece was the crossgrade option that I only found after a few days of steaming over their pricing strategy.

I am now quite happy with the crossgrade and my existing books. I am no longer interested in upgrading to another package that contains many pre selected books I am not interested in. Instead, I will purchase books and collections as they become available that are of interest to me ie. from African American scholars etc.

Posts 31
Ram Teodosio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 19 2013 5:18 AM

Thank you for posting. Software development is extremely expensive. I am thankful for Logos and pray that they would continue to provide us with the gold standard of software application with premium content. I cannot even begin to put a price tag on the resources available to us no longer in print. 

Being a "computer" guy, I sometimes wished there is something similar for the work that I do in my industry. Logos really puts a lot of thought on how to improving the user experience to better serve us. So I thank the leaders of Logos and the community that supports it...that's me and you....us. It is an investment and I think for those of us who may have extra money to spare, should contribute to a fund in order to give others access to Logos. 

Let's keep supporting Logos, which I believe is gold standard in software application and allows us to have access to the ancient texts which many of us are interested in reading. 

God bless!

Posts 4
Wilson Baird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 12:03 AM

This is not a matter of obey God, it's a matter of the way Logos is dealing with a lots of old customers that is bothersome! I am upset too! They say you never pay again for the books we have, but the truth is when I do a close look to what I have now compared to what I am getting, the price is too high. Also, when you have build up your library in the past, we should not being waiting 3+ months to get an upgrade without expensive packs we do not need or want.  

Posts 4
Wilson Baird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 12:12 AM

The problem Sir, is not the names, but rather, the contents and the price for it! When I compare my actual library with the Portfolio, yes, there is some resources I do not have, but are they worth the $2500,00 I am being asked? Nop! Am I going to buy it just for the sake of Logos 5? Nop! Am I upset with the way Logos is handling it? You betcha!

Posts 22860
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 1:02 AM

Hi Wilson

I appreciate you are upset but there has been a lot of developments since the posts to which you replied and I just wanted to check you were aware of your options.

Wilson Baird:
They say you never pay again for the books we have, but the truth is when I do a close look to what I have now compared to what I am getting, the price is too high.

When you say "what I am getting" to what are you referring? Which upgrade option are you considering?

Logos summarised the various options at http://blog.logos.com/2012/11/5-ways-to-move-to-logos-5/?utm_source=blog.logos.com&utm_medium=blog&utm_content=textlink&utm_campaign=l5upgrade

Wilson Baird:
Also, when you have build up your library in the past, we should not being waiting 3+ months to get an upgrade without expensive packs we do not need or want.

This has been debated elsewhere in many threads - and people have different views and different perspectives of how Logos has approached this.

Logos, themselves, recognised that there were mistakes in a recent post at http://blog.logos.com/2013/01/we-messed-up-and-were-sorry/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LogosBibleSoftwareBlog+%28Logos+Bible+Software+Blog%29

Wilson Baird:
When I compare my actual library with the Portfolio, yes, there is some resources I do not have, but are they worth the $2500,00 I am being asked?

Have you looked at the various packages which are available - including the Minimal Crossgrade - to see if they offer you value for money?

If any of them do then I would suggest this is the way to go - if not to wait for the free engine upgrade due out this quarter.

I apologise if you were already aware of all of the above but I just wanted to check that you were aware of the options.

Graham 

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 2:23 AM

Well said Tommy

It's really a matter of vanity around what title you have

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 1:12 PM

Wilson Baird:
Also, when you have build up your library in the past, we should not being waiting 3+ months to get an upgrade without expensive packs we do not need or want.

Observation: the forthcoming free Logos 5 engine has some new features that are usable with an existing library: e.g. grouping items in document menu, filter library by a collection, ...  However,  a number of Logos 5 new features lack usability without appropriate Logos 5 data licenses => Logos 5 Core Datasets => Minimal Crossgrade

Thankful for Logos releasing 4 free program updates in the past 5 days: Logos 4.6a SR-6, Logos 4.6b Beta 3, Logos 5.0a SR-4, and Logos 5.0b Beta 3 so all Logos 4 and 5 users had program updates.

Personal speculation is Logos 4 development to continue while implementing sync v2 in Logos 4 and Logos 5, which may include other new features: e.g. Logos 4.6b Beta 1 added mobile device management of resources to Library.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 67
Jeff Hetrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 5:29 PM

The folks at Logos have stepped up and not only apologized for their confusing upgrade structure and pricing but also allowed for those of us who were confused to have a second chance to work out the best possible deal.  After much reading (forums) and a couple of different phone conversations with the sales and orders departments I finally do understand (I believe) exactly what they are/were doing.  In light of this, I would like to issue a public apology to the Logos Marketing and sales departments and the company as a whole.  You can read my prior post on this if your bored enough but, basically, I accused Logos of intentionally misleading us with the upgrade structure, product naming and pricing.  After evaluating this I am convinced that Logos did fall short of communicating this all in a way that I was able to understand in the beginning but that they did not intentionally mislead or use unfair marketing to profit from their customers.  With this in mind, and the fact that Logos Bible Software is the best product out for digital bible study I took advantage of the second chance and upgraded a second time to Diamond.  Sorry for my earlier comments Logos.

Posts 25
Joe Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:47 PM

Please contact me

joew AT bellsouth DOT net

Page 13 of 13 (250 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 | RSS