MAJOR INCIDENT ---- LOGOS 5 Upgrade? - What's going on?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:57 PM

Huh?  A major software upgrade?  What is it?  Who does it affect?  What do I need to do?  I cliked on th links...I'm having a hard time figuring out what the impact is and what I should do.  Lot's of instant marketing.....

Does Logos have a Project Manager, Change Manager, or Business Manager (or preferrably all three), along with release management, risk management., operations, marketing ... the product vice president, president and CEO, COO, Owner assigned to this "upgrade"?  What in the world is going on?

YIKES!

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:11 PM

Stephen Kerr:

Huh?  A major software upgrade?  What is it?  Who does it affect?  What do I need to do?  I cliked on th links...I'm having a hard time figuring out what the impact is and what I should do.  Lot's of instant marketing.....

Does Logos have a Project Manager, Change Manager, or Business Manager (or preferrably all three), along with release management, risk management., operations, marketing ... the product vice president, president and CEO, COO, Owner assigned to this "upgrade"?  What in the world is going on?

Is there a question in there we can try to answer?

Seriously, this is a good place to see if you can find answers. If you are just frustrated and venting, that's another matter.

Give folks a chance to help if they can and if that's what you want. Preferably one question at a time. Its just easier.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:19 PM

Stephen Kerr:
Huh?  A major software upgrade?  What is it?

I would not call it major. The engine is pretty much the same as L4 but they have added some major new databases and tools to the software

Stephen Kerr:
Who does it affect?  What do I need to do?

It affects those who choose to upgrade, but if you do not want to upgrade you don't have to do anything

Stephen Kerr:

Not sure about the complete corporate structure and business titles, but they do have people in place that probably fill all or most of those roles. bob@logos.com is the CEO, however customer service may be able to answer your questions.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:49 PM

Hi Mark.  Thanks for the update.  Yes, I'm open to responses to any of the many (15) questions I posed in the initial post.  I didn't want to pile on with too many specifics which are easly noted by a very rudamentary use of the web site.  For example...clicking on the "Introducing Logos Bibile Software 5" contains a link ..  "Logos Bible Software 5" link which takes you to a "Logos 5 is Here" link whish has a "Get It Now" button which takes you to a Logos "Are You Lost" page.

Really.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:56 PM

Hi Fedc,

Thanks for your reply.  I'm a little lost on you comment "I would not call it major.....(followed by)....some major new databases and tools to the software"

major?  or not so much?

Posts 52
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanson (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:57 PM

Stephen Kerr:

Hi Mark.  Thanks for the update.  Yes, I'm open to responses to any of the many (15) questions I posed in the initial post.  I didn't want to pile on with too many specifics which are easly noted by a very rudamentary use of the web site.  For example...clicking on the "Introducing Logos Bibile Software 5" contains a link ..  "Logos Bible Software 5" link which takes you to a "Logos 5 is Here" link whish has a "Get It Now" button which takes you to a Logos "Are You Lost" page.

Really.

Sorry about the "Are You Lost" page.  The web team is looking into the problem right now.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:00 PM

Stephen Kerr:

Hi Fedc,

Thanks for your reply.  I'm a little lost on you comment "I would not call it major.....(followed by)....some major new databases and tools to the software"

major?  or not so much?

Perhaps it is a subjective term, but I simply meant the software engine itself did not undergo (in my subjective opinion) a major change.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:15 PM

Hi Mike,  Please share with your team....

Heavenly Father...  Please send your blessing down on the software development, release management, and operations teams of Logos Bible Software this eveing.  They are working very hard on a Friday evening when they would rather be with their families to make sure that your Word is spread faithfully through the world.  They are under a tremendous amount of stress right now.  Give them extraordinary strength in thier efforts.  Guide them in their works.  Bless them and their families for all the work they do on behalf of others.

In Christ,

Steve

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:20 PM

Stephen Kerr:

Heavenly Father...  Please send your blessing down on the software development, release management, and operations teams of Logos Bible Software this eveing.  They are working very hard on a Friday evening when they would rather be with their families to make sure that your Word is spread faithfully through the world.  They are under a tremendous amount of stress right now.  Give them extraordinary strength in thier efforts.  Guide them in their works.  Bless them and their families for all the work they do on behalf of others.

In Christ,

Steve

That is a thoughtful prayer Steve. I'm sure they will appreciate itYes

Posts 52
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanson (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:27 PM

Stephen Kerr:

In Christ,

Steve

Thank you very much!  I passed on your prayer to the rest of the team, it means a lot to me and I'm sure to them as well.

http://www.logos.com/basepackages is working again.

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:12 PM

Stephen Kerr:

In Christ,

Steve

Amen!

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:16 PM

Hi Mike,

Base Packages link working.  Thanks.

On the Catholic products website...maybe others...the package indicator details under "Choose a Package" are miss-alligned...indented too far to the left.

http://www.logos.com/catholic#compare

Blessings,

Steve

Posts 52
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanson (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:41 PM

Stephen Kerr:

Hi Mike,

Base Packages link working.  Thanks.

On the Catholic products website...maybe others...the package indicator details under "Choose a Package" are miss-alligned...indented too far to the left.

http://www.logos.com/catholic#compare

Blessings,

Steve

Thanks for the report, I've created a ticket to get it looked at.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS