BIBLE SENSE LEXICON Tool

Page 2 of 5 (81 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 80 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 343
Sean Boisen:
You don't have to upgrade to (the new) Gold: based on Bob's comments at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58259.aspx , i expect this dataset to be part of the Minimal Crossgrade.
This would cause a unique scenario though, probably would cause Logos to make less money and also not in the best interest of some customers. I'll use myself for example. I currently have Logos 4 Platinum, and want to buy Logos 5 but have been hesitant as of now, though I know I will eventually, just trying to figure out what is best for me. I could afford to upgrade to the Logos 5 Silver, but then I would miss out on the feature Bible Sense Lexicon. But then if I wait till the Minimal Crossgrade is released, Logos makes LESS money, and I potentially GAIN that one feature. Maybe it can be marketed better where it benefits both Logos and their customers? As I'm willing to pay more money to get the Silver (instead of the minimum crossgrade), but I don't want to miss out on that one feature, when I can spend less and get it (if it's included in the minimal crossgrade).

Jason Saling

Posts 1916
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:49 PM

Jason Saling - www.NapavineBaptist.com:
But then if I wait till the Minimal Crossgrade is released, Logos makes LESS money, and I potentially GAIN that one feature

This reality proves that Logos is NOT the greedy monster that some have accused. Bob realizes this loss of profit and that is why it will only become available after the demand on servers go down. e.g. those who are willing to pay a little more are in effect getting in the front of the line to access Logos servers and get the L5 engine.

With dynamic pricing, I would suggest that if you wait for the minimal cross grade THEN purchase the L5 Silver you will not pay as much for the L5 Silver because you will already have paid for many of the datasets before you purchase the new resources that are in L5 Silver.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:58 PM

David Thomas:

With dynamic pricing, I would suggest that if you wait for the minimal cross grade THEN purchase the L5 Silver you will not pay as much for the L5 Silver because you will already have paid for many of the datasets before you purchase the new resources that are in L5 Silver.

If that's the case, then I'll return my diamond package. Too bad they'll lose a big chunk from me but it only makes sense to do so. I just placed a huge bundle order too. 

Posts 1916
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 5:04 PM

Janice:
Too bad they'll lose a big chunk from me but it only makes sense to do so

if the diamond contains resources that you won't use, I agree it makes sense. However, if you can afford the price of the upgrade to Diamond you may want to use the extra funds to support Logos by purchasing resources that would be useful to you that are not included in base packages. (e.g. commentaries like EBC or NIVAC or something that is relevant to your theological preferences).

We can all help Logos stay in business to continue developing affordable resources like the minimal crossgrade if we buy resources that we truly would use.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 650
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:33 PM

Is the Bible Sense Lexicon Tool attempting to overcome James Barr's word-concept idea, especially as he saw it in the early versions of the TDNT and in word studies in general?

Posts 9117
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:38 PM

George Somsel:
That's good to hear since I doubt that I will be upgrading since I already have many of the resources listed in the supercalifragelisticexpialidosius package.

Not the new Hebrew Reverse Interlinear.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 650
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:41 PM

Mark Smith:

George Somsel:
That's good to hear since I doubt that I will be upgrading since I already have many of the resources listed in the supercalifragelisticexpialidosius package.

What is different/better about it?

Posts 1916
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:41 PM

Mark Smith:

Only a frequent forum user will see the humor in that statement. Big Smile one doesn't have to follow the forums long before determining that George LOATHES interlinears.

Posts 27926
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:42 PM

Jeremy:
Is the Bible Sense Lexicon Tool attempting to overcome James Barr's word-concept idea,

I don't know. But it is a multilingual application of a standard data set of Natural Language Processing - do a search on Word Net especially noting the materials out of Princeton and Colorado.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 650
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:46 PM

MJ. Smith:

Jeremy:
Is the Bible Sense Lexicon Tool attempting to overcome James Barr's word-concept idea,

I don't know. But it is a multilingual application of a standard data set of Natural Language Processing - do a search on Word Net especially noting the materials out of Princeton and Colorado.

That might as well be Russian to be. And I don't know Russian Smile.

Posts 9117
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:51 PM

David Thomas:
Only a frequent forum user will see the humor in that statement. Big Smile one doesn't have to follow the forums long before determining that George LOATHES interlinears.

But it's no fun if George doesn't see it.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 650
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:05 PM

David Thomas:

Mark Smith:

I actually knew that, but forgot it momentarily. WHAT'S THE PURPOSE OF AN INTERLINEAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGES!  IT ISN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. LEARN GREEK AND HEBREW YOU IMBECILES!

Posts 9117
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:08 PM

Jeremy:
WHAT'S THE PURPOSE OF AN INTERLINEAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGES!  IT ISN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. LEARN GREEK AND HEBREW YOU IMBECILES!

Woah! Good imitation of George. You may have a future in stand up comedy.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:12 PM

Mark Smith:

George Somsel:

Perhaps I do, but, if so, it's hidden.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2
Donna Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:13 PM

Sean Boisen:
You don't have to upgrade to (the new) Gold: based on Bob's comments at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58259.aspx , i expect this dataset to be part of the Minimal Crossgrade.

This would cause a unique scenario though, probably would cause Logos to make less money and also not in the best interest of some customers. I'll use myself for example. I currently have Logos 4 Platinum, and want to buy Logos 5 but have been hesitant as of now, though I know I will eventually, just trying to figure out what is best for me. I could afford to upgrade to the Logos 5 Silver, but then I would miss out on the feature Bible Sense Lexicon. But then if I wait till the Minimal Crossgrade is released, Logos makes LESS money, and I potentially GAIN that one feature. Maybe it can be marketed better where it benefits both Logos and their customers? As I'm willing to pay more money to get the Silver (instead of the minimum crossgrade), but I don't want to miss out on that one feature, when I can spend less and get it (if it's included in the minimal crossgrade).

The key point is this: Logos 5 Silver provides both a bundle of new resources (dozens for me, compared to Logos 4 Gold) and new datasets. If you just want the datasets and not the resources, Logos plans to offer a Minimal Crossgrade. But Logos 5 Silver is still a great deal: we're trying to make it possible for our users to get the best upgrade they can. Only you can decide what's best for you.

Posts 343

Yes but the Silver doesn't have BOTH, if counting the ONE feature of Bible Sense Lexicon. I'd like to get more resources plus that resource. So I do have three choices. 1. Get more resources, but NOT that one feature. 2. Potentially get that one feature, but not many resources (if any) with Minimal Crossgrade. 3. Get higher package than Silver (which unlikely to right now, but maybe in the future)

Jason Saling

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:39 PM

Mark Smith:

Jeremy:
WHAT'S THE PURPOSE OF AN INTERLINEAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGES!  IT ISN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. LEARN GREEK AND HEBREW YOU IMBECILES!

Not really.  I never called anyone an imbecile.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:54 PM

So I do have three choices. 1. Get more resources, but NOT that one feature. 2. Potentially get that one feature, but not many resources (if any) with Minimal Crossgrade. 3. Get higher package than Silver (which unlikely to right now, but maybe in the future)

4. Get Silver plus the Minimal Crossgrade, which Bob has said will have a customized price. Given that you'll probably have everything else in it through Silver, I would imagine that customized price should be fairly low.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9117
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:55 PM

George Somsel:
I never called anyone an imbecile.

True. At least you've never called me one. (Though none of us know what you are thinking.) Wink

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 650
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:03 PM

George Somsel:

Mark Smith:

Jeremy:

Not really.  I never called anyone an imbecile.

But George, to say you never called anyone an imbecile is a perfect example of the word-concept fallacy Smile

Page 2 of 5 (81 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS