Adding Bible Sense Lexicon to Silver

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12

Does anybody know if it's possible to add the Bible Sense Lexicon to the Silver package after purchasing it as implied by the popup on the Upgrade calculator page (screen shot attached)?

Thanks!

Posts 9134
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:18 PM

Joe,

Please take a look at what Bob Pritchett, the President of Logos said about the minimum crossgrade in this thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58259.aspx

It seems Logos wants to create one bundle for those who don't purchase an upgrade. There is nothing in what he said that leads me to believe they will sell a function separately.

However, the thing he says about pricing, that it will be dynamic and take into account what you may already have opens up the possibility if you had L5 Silver you might get a significant discount in buying the crossgrade, since you'd have most of the data sets already. See Dave Hooton's response in that thread.

Sorry, without someone like Bob responding we won't know for sure. You might try posting this question on that thread.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:26 PM

This actually HAS been addressed by a Logos staff member. They have gone on record saying that the individual databases will NOT be sold individually. So the short answer to adding BSL to the Silver level is no.

However, as Mark has noted, Bob did allow for some dynamic pricing in his post so you might get the minimal crossgrade at a significant discount due to already owning Silver.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 12
Joe Wehmeier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:32 PM

Thanks for the responses!  So, does anyone know what that $19.95 "sold separately" means as displayed in the screen shot attached above?

Posts 9134
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:37 PM

Joe Wehmeier:
So, does anyone know what that $19.95 "sold separately" means as displayed in the screen shot attached above?

I know it means they made a mistake. It is supposed to be removed.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 25576
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:10 PM

Joe Wehmeier:

Thanks for the responses!  So, does anyone know what that $19.95 "sold separately" means as displayed in the screen shot attached above?

Let me postulate:-

IF sold separately that looks like a reasonable price analogous to the price of Addins you could buy with L3.

Now, not every L3 addin was sold separately and if it were the (L5) Clause Search data set would be a steal at $0.0, but there are some resource dependencies + "Logos" logic!

Anyway, these prices + dependencies may well factor into the Crossgrade pricing & structure.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 30
Peter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:37 PM

Hi Joe,

I also upgraded my scholars silver to Logos 5 silver. No bible sense lexicon. I'm very dissapointed because they seem to have taken away Louw - Nida and not replaced it with anything. This is crazy and I have sent customer service an email for clarification. I also tried to purchase it to no avail.

Posts 28703
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:11 PM

In a  similar thread Logos employees explained how to access LN  - you haven't lost it. See http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58208/415025.aspx

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8195
LogosEmployee

Peter:

Hi Joe,

I'm very dissapointed because they seem to have taken away Louw - Nida and not replaced it with anything.

The Louw-Nida lexicon should still be in your Library; we haven't removed it.

I think you may be referring to the reverse interlinear ribbon at the bottom of an English Bible. If this is the case, Louw-Nida is still available, but not shown by default. To bring it back, right-click on the left-hand column (that labels each row) and check the "Louw-Nida Number" option.

I'm sorry that we disappointed you with this change. The Logos 5 upgrade won't take away any resources or features that you already had access to. Some features have be rearranged in the UI, and I apologise for the confusion.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:22 PM

Alternatively, you may be looking in the OT. L-N is an NT lexicon.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:03 AM

fgh:

Alternatively, you may be looking in the OT. L-N is an NT lexicon.

That is possible http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58241/414665.aspx#414665

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS