Can`t Find Timeline in Logos 5 Silver

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 57
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:49 AM

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Logos 5 Silver, from my Logos 4 Scholars library, and I can`t seem to find the timeline function. I am looking in Tools, but all that I have listed under Bible Reference is Bible Facts, and no Timeline.

Does anyone have any idea, why I am not getting timeline functionality?

Thanks

Duncan

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:51 AM

HI Duncan

Has everything downloaded and indexed?

Are you running on Windows or Mac?

Graham

Posts 1366
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:51 AM

You should make sure everything is downloaded and indexed, and then restart Logos 5. If that doesn't do it, call customer support.

Posts 57
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:06 AM

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure it's still indexing. Will wait and ten try restarting. I guess I'm just being impatient and wanting to try it out.

Blessings

Duncan

Posts 2
Jose Luis Camacho | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:18 PM

I have the same issue than Duncan had. Who can I make sure that everything has been downloaded and indexed?

thanks

Jose Luis

Posts 5978
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:59 PM

Type update now in the command bar.

A small icon will appear in your tool bar if there is anything to update.

When the icon is gone the indexing will have finished

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:00 PM

This happened to me the other day. The final download and indexing didn't start until at least the third time I started the program. It went through a small download at first and the program said installation was complete. Then, I believe on the third attempt, a large download started and the indexing which took several hours. When that was complete I finally had the timeline.

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:02 PM

Brad Fry:
When that was complete I finally had the timeline.

So you are saying it takes time to get the Timeline? Embarrassed I suppose that could be set to music.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:04 PM

Had the same issue with timeline and Bible sense lexicon.  Just let it finish indexing, reboot, and you should be good to go.  

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 2
Jose Luis Camacho | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:07 AM

Thank you very much!

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:22 AM

Mark Smith:

Brad Fry:
When that was complete I finally had the timeline.

So you are saying it takes time to get the Timeline? Embarrassed I suppose that could be set to music.

MusicIf I could put timeline in a bottle, the first thing that I'd like to do..."Music

Posts 47
Azareel Moreno | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:46 AM

You are not going tot be able to get that  option you will need to upgrade to gold as far as I know that's what I was told  If I was to get the other packeges less that the gold packeges I was not going to  to have the timeline option and the new things that they added there  but the gol has everything that they add new 

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:58 AM

Azareel Moreno:

You are not going tot be able to get that  option you will need to upgrade to gold as far as I know that's what I was told  If I was to get the other packeges less that the gold packeges I was not going to  to have the timeline option and the new things that they added there  but the gol has everything that they add new 

Arareel, you were told wrong:  Timeline is in every base package except Starter.

Look for "Universal Timeline" under Feature Distribution which is the last section in the comparison chart:

http://www.logos.com/upgrade

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS