Logos 5 upgrade and old base packages.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
sansom48 | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:33 PM

Alright, just so that I can have things clear (I have read several post and it seems everyone is asking a version of this question, but I just want to say it bluntly for a clear answer) I have Scholar's package in Logos 4, if I purchase Logos 5 starter package, once downloaded, I will still have all the books from Scholar's package plus any new ones with the package. People keep saying that you keep all your books, but I am wondering if there is a distinction between base packages and books you bought separately. I want to make sure, because $50 isn't bad, but $500 is to much if I would try to buy the package all over again. 

Posts 9910
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:36 PM

sansom48:
I just want to say it bluntly for a clear answer) I have Scholar's package in Logos 4, if I purchase Logos 5 starter package, once downloaded, I will still have all the books from Scholar's package plus any new ones with the package.

Yes. Definitely.

sansom48:
I want to make sure, because $50 isn't bad, but $500 is to much if I would try to buy the package all over again. 

You'd pay for additional books, as well as for new functionality that comes with new databases (look in the last section of the comparison page).

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:37 PM

NB.Mick:

sansom48:
I just want to say it bluntly for a clear answer) I have Scholar's package in Logos 4, if I purchase Logos 5 starter package, once downloaded, I will still have all the books from Scholar's package plus any new ones with the package.

Yes. Definitely.

sansom48:
I want to make sure, because $50 isn't bad, but $500 is to much if I would try to buy the package all over again. 

You'd pay for additional books, as well as for new functionality that comes with new databases (look in the last section of the comparison page).

Seconded! 

Posts 26
sansom48 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:41 PM

Thank you, it seems that as I read, this is one of the most confusing parts of the whole thing, most of the complaints and "reasons" people give for not upgrading is that they don't want to pay for their packages again, and like I said, it seems that a lot of people are asking ambiguous forms of this question. 

Posts 9910
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:43 PM

Glad if we could help.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 51
Lloyd Wicker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:46 PM

You will NEVER lose a book your purchased from Logos...whether from base packages or individual titles.  Upgrade any time...you'll only stand to gain titles.

Rev. Lloyd Wicker - Crossroads Leadership Coaching

MacBook Pro - 2.3Ghz Intel Core i5 - 8GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 - MacOSX Mountain Lion - Crucial 512GB SSD - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB

Posts 27
Pastor Tim Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:58 PM

I have the Scholars package and many other individual books. How much would it cost for me to upgrade to Logos 5 without any additional books? What is the procedure?

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:02 PM

Pastor Tim Elliott:

I have the Scholars package and many other individual books. How much would it cost for me to upgrade to Logos 5 without any additional books? What is the procedure?

There is a minimal crossgrade coming that will give us some or all of the new features in Logos5. But it's still in development. That's what I'm waiting on (for now).

You can read more about it here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58259.aspx

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 11
Susan L. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:23 PM

I'm leaning toward waiting for the cross grade for most of the data sets without going to bronze, gold or above. Starter has the Bible Facts set only. Looking forward to it and working on some patience! : )  

Thanks Logos : )

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS