Customize Your Upgrade

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:25 PM

It might be that some have missed the little option to add some value to their upgrade. It's found via the 'Customize' link on the Upgrade page:

When I click on that I get to see the following offers:

Now the good thing for my wallet is that I already have all of these, but these are great prices. I don't know if everyone sees the same offers, but check them out. If you somehow missed these and have already upgraded, I'll bet a call to sales will get them for you.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 6722
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:29 PM

Mark the Hermenia and Continental set is really at a low price. Too bad my wallet disagrees.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:44 PM

I had Portfolio selected and had the same offers. I thought that button was for payment options so I haven't click it yet. Thanks Mark

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:50 PM

Well I have each of those resources already. So I guess it doesn't matter that I missed this option. ;)

Donnie

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:56 PM

Lynden Williams:
Mark the Hermenia and Continental set is really at a low price

Yep, never been lower, but sure has been higher.

All of them are very good prices.

Anchor-Yale is such a good reference work and it is a rock-bottom low price. Surprised to see it that low. The NICNT is also a super deal.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:16 PM

I think the customize option would serve the customer better if you could delete some items that you don't want.

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:25 PM

Brad Fry:
I think the customize option would serve the customer better if you could delete some items that you don't want.

I suppose that might be the first thing someone thinks of on seeing that, and I would like that option. Logos would not.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:12 PM

I do like Logos very much. Not about to bail. But I do get quite annoyed at all the junk you have to buy to get what you want.Makes the boast about getting X number of books pretty silly.

Posts 51
Lloyd Wicker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:29 PM

Do you who own Hermeneia find it to be a valuable resource?  The customize price looks great but I don't know much about it. Since many of you seem to already own it, what can you say about it?

Rev. Lloyd Wicker - Crossroads Leadership Coaching

MacBook Pro - 2.3Ghz Intel Core i5 - 8GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 - MacOSX Mountain Lion - Crucial 512GB SSD - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:08 AM

Lloyd, there are some good volumes in Hermeneia and a few in Continental. The volumes by Attridge on Hebrews and Achtemeier on 1 Peter are ones I've used that are very good. Westermann on Genesis is worth consulting. These are very uneven so the set would not be a top buy for me, but I spent $600 for the two sets about two years ago and have appreciated it some. It would not come before WBC or NICOT/NICNT, Pillar, or BECNT for me, so if you don't have those I'd focus on getting them rather than this.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:13 PM

Mark Smith:
It might be that some have missed the little option to add some value to their upgrade.

Aw, I upgraded Thurs over the phone before this, or the website, went up.

I thought I was getting a pretty good deal Mon when I ordered AYBD for $200. Sad Actually, I still think I got a good deal for $200, and I don't mind supporting Logos.

But those commentaries hurt. Would *love* BECNT and NICNT, but I've already doubled my payment plan over the next 12 mo. upgrading to Diamond and although I hope to pay it down before that 12 mo, I don't really want to extend my plan beyond that right now. Do these go on sale often like this? I hope?

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:28 PM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):
Do these go on sale often like this? I hope?

No they don't. Not like this.

I've never seen the Anchor-Yale Dictionary this low (at least since I bought it years ago for a little less (IIRC). I think the entire NICOT/NICNT was on sale this year for about $1,000 (someone can correct this if I'm wrong), so there was a good deal on that. Hermeneia/Continental at their lowest were $600. The IVP bundle is never below $100 through Logos and rarely offered on sale. It's the lowest price on Boice I've seen. Don't know about HALOT/BDAG. Can't remember a sale but there could have been one.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:22 PM

I purchased the Diamond on release day.. wonder if I could call in to get the Yale, IVP, NIC at a discounted price? 

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:32 PM

Janice:
I purchased the Diamond on release day.. wonder if I could call in to get the Yale, IVP, NIC at a discounted price? 

I believe you should be able to do so. Report back, please.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:34 PM

Mark Smith:

Janice:

I believe you should be able to do so. Report back, please.

Hey Mark, I did add them to my cart and discounted them! Yes! :) I'm one happy gal! 

I will call in to get a price difference because I purchased the IVP yesterday. Hope they'll do it for me. Embarrassed

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:36 PM

Janice:
Hey Mark, I did add them to my cart and it did discount them! Yes! :) I'm one happy gal! 

Excellent. It knew of your previous purchase and automatically gave you the discount.

Janice:
I will call in to get a price difference because I purchased the IVP yesterday. Hoping they'll do it for me. Embarrassed

Yes, they have a policy to do that.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:39 PM

Lloyd Wicker:

Do you who own Hermeneia find it to be a valuable resource?  The customize price looks great but I don't know much about it. Since many of you seem to already own it, what can you say about it?

I would say that you get some very good scholars in Hermeneia:  Achtemeier, JJ Collins, Klaus Balzer, Walther Zimmerli, Hans Walter Wolff, Ernst Haenschen, James M Robinson on the Gospel of Thomas and Q, Francois Bovon, even Bultmann. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:54 PM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):
I thought I was getting a pretty good deal Mon when I ordered AYBD for $200. Sad

They'll credit you if you contact them.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:54 PM

I just wanted to clarify... 

They WILL NOT credit you. This discounted price is showing because you already have the resources. Just like when you upgrade a package, they will discount whatever resources you have. 

This was told to me by the rep. :( 

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:38 PM

KpK:

I just wanted to clarify... 

They WILL NOT credit you. This discounted price is showing because you already have the resources. Just like when you upgrade a package, they will discount whatever resources you have. 

This was told to me by the rep. :( 

You've been misinformed. He bought AYBD Monday for $200. He has a 30-days money back guarantee. Therefore he can return the AYBD he bought, and repurchase it for the discounted price. But since that would mean a lot of unnecessary work, they simply give a credit for the difference instead. 

Just note that those prices are only for people who are upgrading/have just upgraded to L5, not for others. But he said he had, so that's no problem

If any sales rep tells you differently, ask to talk to Santiago Galeano. He's the Director of Sales.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS