Exegetical Guide question

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 60
Edwin Kwok | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 5 2012 3:30 PM

The exegetical guide in L5 is great!

My question is this: the parsing information in the Word-by-word section is blue hyperlinked, but when I click them, it opens up power Lookup but doesn't show anything in it. I was expecting L5 to open something like the Glossary of Mprpho-Syntactic Database terminology or something similar.

What are the hyperlinks supposed to do?

Edwin

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 3:34 PM

Hmm....my blue hyperlinks DO bring up the GMSDT as you mentioned that they should...but I'm running the beta version so I'm not sure if there is a difference or if you have a specific problem.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 3:36 PM

Edwin Kwok:
My question is this: the parsing information in the Word-by-word section is blue hyperlinked, but when I click them, it opens up power Lookup but doesn't show anything in it. I was expecting L5 to open something like the Glossary of Mprpho-Syntactic Database terminology or something similar.

Yes, it should bring up the Glossary of Morpho-Syntactic Database Terminology. The new data to the right of the parsing information such bring up the Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament Glossary. Try right-clicking on the parsing information, choose 'Morphology Field', and see what's listed in the left-hand column. Is the GMSDT there? Can you open GMSDT from your library?

Posts 60
Stephen Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:08 PM

Same error here!

Right clicking and opening in a new tab simply brings up an empty Power Lookup window.

Posts 60
Edwin Kwok | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:13 PM

I just found out that it works properly on New Testament Greek passages, with popup showing definitions of the items. But in Old Testament Hebrew passages, only the last one or two parsing info show popup.

May be it is a bug?

Edwin

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:19 PM

Edwin Kwok:
May be it is a bug?

It is a bug, and very likely to have been cause by the morphology switch in OT reverse interlinears (they're now using Logos Hebrew Morphology instead of AFAT). I've added a new post to this forum that references this one, but makes it clearer that it is a bug. Hopefully the developers will see it and issue a fix.

Posts 24841
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:24 PM

Edwin Kwok:
What are the hyperlinks supposed to do?

I have the same problem in Hebrew  with Common, noun, singular, absolute  but masculine brings up GMSDT

In Greek  adjective, noun, singular, plural, genitive, neuter  bring up GMSDT whilst substantival adjective brings up the Lexham SGNT Glossary

So there is a problem with Hebrew parsing.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 164
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:40 PM

I found the same problem, until I prioritized GMSD. I also saw that if the definition is not in GMSDT (for example, "finite verb,"), it opens the definition in Lexham SGNT, a resource I do NOT have prioritized.

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

Mark Barnes:

It is a bug, and very likely to have been cause by the morphology switch in OT reverse interlinears (they're now using Logos Hebrew Morphology instead of AFAT). I've added a new post to this forum that references this one, but makes it clearer that it is a bug. Hopefully the developers will see it and issue a fix.

Mark's analysis is correct; I've submitted the bug report to our text department so they can update the resource.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS