Can we have an updated Pillar Commentary Collection please?

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2009 1:51 AM

Now that several new additions have been made to the Pillar Commentary Series, could Logos please come up with a great deal for buying them all together? Or perhaps an upgrade collection for those who have the original 8 but would like to add the rest? Or even smaller bundles? Buying the commentaries one by one is very expensive.

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 2:04 AM

I'll second that motion! Big Smile

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 11:23 PM

+3

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 2:54 AM

Stephen Thorp:
Or perhaps an upgrade collection for those who have the original 8 but would like to add the rest?

I have 10 volumes, having purchased James and the Epistles of John as single volumes. From a Google search, it appears that Acts is the only other volume currently available in the dead tree version.

Posts 2746
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 4:40 AM

JackCaviness:
it appears that Acts is the only other volume currently available in the dead tree version.

What about the Philippians?

Yes, upgrade of the series would be great.

Bohuslav

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 5:09 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

What about the Philippians?

Yes, upgrade of the series would be great.

A Google search is not always the best source of information. Some of it is just plain out of date. Then, I finally see what has been staring back at me for days. The Pillar pre-pubs on the Home Page. A series price would be nice, but what about those of us who have dutifully supported the pre-pub program and ordered them already as single volumes. Oh well, maybe we already have too much money and simply need an outlet to get rid of some Big Smile

Posts 2746
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 9:33 AM

JackCaviness:
but what about those of us who have dutifully supported the pre-pub program and ordered them already as single volumes. Oh well, maybe we already have too much money and simply need an outlet to get rid of some Big Smile

Well, if there is a series upgrade, I would be very quick in deleting my prepubs and changing them for the series Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 12:02 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
Well, if there is a series upgrade, I would be very quick in deleting my prepubs and changing them for the series Smile

I believe I have already received two of them! If I cry, will Logos feel sympathy for my poverty? Crying. Joking aside, If a series package is offered, I would not begrudge anyone the savings. I felt that I paid a fair price at the time. Didn't Paul say something about one being honored and all rejoicing?  (You can look that up with L4) Geeked

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 2:58 PM

Hi, I've just put in an order for the Phlippians volume on Pre-pub, but would really like to purchase the set. As someone who always has to save very hard for large resources such as these, a well valued deal/package means a  lot to me. I didn't mean to cause controversy for those of you who have already paid  'top dollar. 

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 4:02 PM

Stephen Thorp:
I didn't mean to cause controversy for those of you who have already paid  'top dollar. 

No controversy here. If Logos offers a better deal, grab it. I looked at the price offered and said, "I can do that", and I ordered. If you get a better deal, good for you! Yes

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 1:47 PM

I almost created a new thread until I tried a search to see if anyone else thought of the same thing.  I was wondering if a new bundle would be cheaper, or if it'd be just as low getting the pre-pub price verses a later bundle.

Jason Saling

Posts 9
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:31 PM

Yes please!! +1 Yes

Especially for the upgrade suggestion...

Posts 2746
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 2:53 PM

There is a new PrePub from Pillar Commentary Series: Hebrews. Before they come with the series upgrade we will have all those new volumes in our libraries Sad (Yes, I couldn't help, just ordered it).

Bohuslav

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 5:46 PM

Yes. There are three available on PrePub: Philippians, Acts and now Hebrews. And I've ordered them all on PrePub Embarrassed, because it saves money and spreads the cost.Big Smile

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 103
Jason | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 9:35 AM

I was wondering the same thing - I have the 10 volumes included with Platinum, and have Hebrews on pre-pub order - but should I wait for an update of the entire set? (I'm interested in Acts also) Or the next Base Package update?  What have you all decided to do?

Of the upcoming ones in the Pillar set, I'll definitely be interested in Galatians (Carson), Pastoral Epistles (Yarbrough), and Revelation (Carson). Which makes me want to wait until it's all complete...

I have the same question for BECNT, but this seems more straightforward because they aren't available as individual download purchases, and seem to be slated to come out in volumes. (3?)

Decisions, decisions.

the ancient art of shalom: thots on sustainable spirituality in san francisco - http://me.jasonkuo.com/thots

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 9:41 AM

Jason Kuo:

I was wondering the same thing - I have the 10 volumes included with Platinum, and have Hebrews on pre-pub order - but should I wait for an update of the entire set? (I'm interested in Acts also) Or the next Base Package update?  What have you all decided to do?

Of the upcoming ones in the Pillar set, I'll definitely be interested in Galatians (Carson), Pastoral Epistles (Yarbrough), and Revelation (Carson). Which makes me want to wait until it's all complete...

I have the same question for BECNT, but this seems more straightforward because they aren't available as individual download purchases, and seem to be slated to come out in volumes. (3?)

Decisions, decisions.

Wow, I didn't know Carson was doing Revelation.  Interesting.  By chance, do you have a sense of his overall approach.  Been a while since I looked at his Matt 24 comments, which might give some indication.  I assume he is either Historical Premill or perhaps Amill.  Just wondering.

I have all three Pillars also, on pre-pub.  It would be nice to see them grouped together.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 103
Jason | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 9:50 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Wow, I didn't know Carson was doing Revelation.  Interesting.  By chance, do you have a sense of his overall approach.  Been a while since I looked at his Matt 24 comments, which might give some indication.  I assume he is either Historical Premill or perhaps Amill.  Just wondering.

I *think* he's Amill...

the ancient art of shalom: thots on sustainable spirituality in san francisco - http://me.jasonkuo.com/thots

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 10:14 AM

Jason Kuo:

Dan DeVilder:

I *think* he's Amill...

Nope. Carson is in the Historical Premill camp.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 10:44 AM

Looking at these pre-pubs, the discount off likely sale price does not look huge (e.g. Hebrews I would guess to retail at $32.99 maybe after pre-pub?)

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 11:04 AM

Yes, Logos, please bundle them and make them more affordable.

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS