What "Soon" means or at least approximately means would be helpful.

Page 3 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 82 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:55 PM

Preacherman:
Ok, sorry here in advance...
The forums are not a place for theology/political conversations.  For everyone who was participating in this conversation, please take this conversation elsewhere.  

We have devoted Christians who support republicans and we have devoted Christians who support democrats, and both groups use and have scripture to support their understanding.

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:13 PM

tom:

We have devoted Christians who support republicans and we have devoted Christians who support democrats, and both groups use and have scripture to support their understanding.

WRONG. There is no scripture that supports the murder of children.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:18 PM

Tom Castle:
There is no...

Greetings Tom!

Please familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines, here,

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10072.aspx

Logos has requested that we do not engage in this kind of debate within their forums. 

Your kind consideration will be greatly appreciated.

Big Smile

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:21 PM

Andy... with all due respect, I'm very well versed in the forum guidelines. My post count is misleading due to an email change.

However, I RESPONDED to someone (Tom) making a dire charge on the forums. My apologies that I felt compelled to answer - but I did. (This passion is why the guidelines are there in the first place).

At any rate, I've said my piece.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 93
Robert C. Beckman Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:37 PM

Thanks Phil,

Now some of us can slow down the forum hopping and work on sermons and stuff like that.Big Smile

Bob

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:38 PM

Andy Evans:

Logos has requested that we do not engage in this kind of debate within their forums. 

Your kind consideration will be greatly appreciated.

I know it's difficult for you to understand, ( from your vantage point, across the pond ) But over here, republicans do not consider themselves bound by rules or guidelines...even when they profess to be well versed. Smile

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:39 PM

Tom Castle:
My post count is misleading due to an email change.

Apologies, Tom, I should have realised this Embarrassed I do actually recall reading your posts... It is getting late in the UK, or at least that is my excuse.

Tom Castle:
At any rate, I've said my piece.

I do appreciate the temptation... The problem is that someone may equally be tempted to respond to your response. And then someone is tempted to respond to the response to your response. And then again someone is tempted to respond to the response to the response to your response... Indifferent And that is rarely helpful and rarely productive in the context of online forums. 

In all seriousness, I do sincerely appreciate your response... And apologise that I mistook you for a newbie (you have, no doubt, been around far longer than me).

Finally, for absolute clarity, I don't have an axe to grind. I am in the UK and am ill qualified to distinguish, much less adjudicate, between Republican and Democratic policy... Now if you want to talk about the Conservative Party, the Labour Party and the Liberal Democrats, that is something else entirely Stick out tongue

Blessings Big Smile

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:42 PM

Schezic:
I know it's difficult for you to understand

Big Smile Sadly, that is the case in many, many areas apart from politics.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:52 PM

The sign says no swimming, but someone's drowning!  What to do, what to do.....

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 5393
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:52 PM

Republicans , often being Bible-thumpers, are in a more "precarious" position than Democrats, who are perceived to be "godless". Judgment, and expectations, begin "in the house of God". Republican sins are different than Democrat sins, hypothetically, but they will receive equal, if not harsher, treatment. I have no use for either, myself. I look for the city whose builder and maker is YHWH. There will be neither democrats nor republicans in the kingdom. Same is true for Catholics, Protestants, Pentecostals, Evangelicals, Reformed, Arminian, Mormons, Adventists, Witnesses, and every other fill-in-the-blank "ism" that exists. It all is a violation of Deut. 4:2 & Deut. 12:32.

We'll get confirmation "soon" enough.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:56 PM

Based on John's use of the word in The Revelation, "soon" means "approximately 2,000 years (or more)."

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 5393
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:04 PM

Jerry M:

The sign says no swimming, but someone's drowning!  What to do, what to do.....

Lk. 14:5

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:07 PM

Eric Weiss:
Based on John's use of the word in The Revelation

... but to a hand grenade, soon is only 10 seconds. Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:11 PM

Eric Weiss:

Based on John's use of the word in The Revelation, "soon" means "approximately 2,000 years (or more)."

That is only if you understand Jesus' coming to be a literal physical coming—or

20 Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking; if you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to you and eat with you, and you with me.

Re 3.20

his coming in the Eucharist.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:19 PM

George Somsel:
That is only if you understand Jesus' coming to be a literal physical coming

Which reminds me... Are you ready for proofreading of your Revelation commentary yet?

Big Smile

Donnie

Posts 6722
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:28 PM

For this kind of debate, we have faithlife.com. Start a group, and invite others to come there to debate politics and scripture. Only those who choose to will even see the group.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:36 PM

Donnie Hale:
Which reminds me... Are you ready for proofreading of your Revelation commentary yet?

Not yet.  I have things pretty well arranged in my mind, but I don't suppose that you can read my mind.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 190
EmileB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:41 PM

Jack, don't you know...? Forum fires are like those trick birthday candles... you can blow and blow, and they just keep coming back to life! Big Smile

And this week it seems like this cake's got more candles than Methusaleh's!

So have fun learning how to use all your new tools!!!!

Cake

Posts 223
David R. McAllan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:00 PM

Ronald Quick:

I know nothing is set in stone, but if I'm reading Phil's post correctly, the lowest cost will be around $150 for everything.  I was hoping that "everything" for the crossgrade will be no more than $100.  However, if the crossgrade includes resources and that increases the price, then I understand why it would be more.

What I am interested in is having access to all the new features and things that Logos 5 can do.

Yes

David
https://echucacommunitychurch.com

Specs: HP Pavilion dv6-6137tx ; i7 2 GHz; 8 gb RAM; 2 gb Graphics; 1 Tb SSD; Win 10; Windows Defender

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:08 PM

George Somsel:

Paul C:

George Somsel:
Gore still lost.
So did Romney. Stick out tongue Or can we expect another rigged supreme court decision?

Yes, he did.  Now, after 4 more years of this incompetent and traitorous administration, it may take another century to turn the ship of state in a more proper direction.  BTW:  The Supreme Court decision was correct.

George, we've had some good relationships, and I hope for more:  however, for you to post what you have on the Logos Bible Software Forums is truly scandalous.  For us Christians only the Gospel should be scandalous, methinks.

Your post is totally offensive.  There are many people from all over the world using Logos, and you are most certaininly diminishing their possible good experiences with the Logos Forums.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 3 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS