Auto Hyperlink Notes Mac

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 44
Ben Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 7 2012 11:13 AM

From my understanding, L4 on the PC side automatically added hyperlinks as you typed Bible passages into your notes.  I was on the L4 Mac side and never got to have this feature.  I just bought Logos 5 and one of the promises from the salesperson I spoke with was that we now have complete feature parity.  I went to play with the notes and there is no auto-hyperlinking for Bible references.

Am I missing something or do we really still lack feature parity?

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 11:24 AM

Ben Phillips:
Am I missing something or do we really still lack feature parity?

Unfortunately, there are still a few parity issues. The correct thing for the salesperson to have said, is that there is parity for all new features. Logos 4.6a (and now L5) brought down the parity list considerably, but there are a few holdouts, this being one. Tongue Tied

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 44
Ben Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 11:30 AM

That is what I figured.  This whole L5 has been a bit of a fiasco at times.  It does somewhat bother me that we have a whole new Logos and still lack parity.

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 12:05 PM

It is my understanding that Logos plans to create their own notes engine… or something like that. 

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 12:07 PM

Ben – A fellow MVP wrote more about this:

Jack Caviness:
The Apple supplied rich text format tools turned out to be inadequate for notes (that may also be true for Windows, don't remember). Logos is presently writing their own rtf engine, which is not ready yet. Not being a Logos employee, I have no idea what progress has been made, just know that it is a work in progress.

Posts 44
Ben Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 12:11 PM

Thanks alabama24!  I will just wait it out I guess.

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:16 PM

Ben Phillips:
 It does somewhat bother me that we have a whole new Logos and still lack parity.

The problem lies in the Apple supplied rich text format (rtf) engine. Logos has been using that engine which simplified programming; however, several drawbacks surfaced with this procedure. Something similar also exists with Windows. Logos is now in the process of building their own tool box. This is a time-consuming process, but it is a work in progress. Not being a Logos employee, I have no insider information to share. I know it is being built, but I do not know when to expect it. Hopefully, it will be soon.

See 'Bama quoted me while I was typing Crying Note to self: Type faster. Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS