Minimum Crossgrade or a Major Upgrade?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 50
JAIN THOMAS | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:38 AM

If you spent more than $14K on your Logos 4, will you go for a major upgrade? If I go for a minimum crossgrade, shall I get all the features of Logos 5? Please give me your suggestios and your reply.

Posts 24283
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:44 AM

Hi Jain

JAIN THOMAS:
If I go for a minimum crossgrade, shall I get all the features of Logos 5?

I don't know if you saw this post from Phil Gons from Logos yesterday - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58931/419542.aspx#419542.

There are going to be two variants with the larger one containing all of the L5 resources.

Graham 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:22 AM

JAIN THOMAS:
If you spent more than $14K on your Logos 4, will you go for a major upgrade?

Depends on package content.  Personally Thankful for items on my wish list being in the Logos 5 Portfolio; the delta upgrade from Diamond to Portfolio was less than 10 % of the regular price for many wish list items.

Diamond includes several Jewish Publication Society (JPS) resources: Tanakh Commentary, Guide to Jewish Traditions, and Dictionary of Jewish Words. Also noticed: "New Testament Exegesis and Research: A Guide for Seminarians" and "Liddell and Scott Greek–English Lexicon (LSJ)". Theology includes Lewis Sperry Chafer's Systematic Theology plus lots more.

Logos 5 Portfolio includes Encyclopedia of Judaism, Jewish Law (4 vols.), plus more.

Noticed Bronze and higher now include: Theological Lexicon of the New Testament (3 vols.) and Theological Lexicon of the Old Testament (3 vols.)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:50 AM

JAIN THOMAS:

If you spent more than $14K on your Logos 4, will you go for a major upgrade? If I go for a minimum crossgrade, shall I get all the features of Logos 5? Please give me your suggestios and your reply.

It depends on the value to you that is in the additional titles of the pkgs.

I thought about waiting to see the specifics of the crossgrade pricing. I went through and listed all the base package upgrade titles that were of primary interest to me and their prices.

Since I am not a pastor, the sweet spot for me was to upgrade from L4 Platinum to L5 Platinum.

The larger packages primarily added pastoral and original language tools that I would not be using.

The opportunity to add some of the best reference works in the CUSTOMIZE tab is something that upgraders should not miss. I already owned most that were on my wish list, but I could not pass up the great price on AYBD.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:02 AM

JAIN THOMAS:

Hi Jain,

I would suggest that Edwin's advice is sound,

Edwin Bowden:
It depends on the value to you that is in the additional titles of the pkgs.

This is, I think, the key factor. I would strongly caution you to not be seduced by quantity. Rather consider your own needs and interests and then ask whether the package in question addresses this.

As KS4J has pointed out, Diamond and up include LSJ and Portfolio includes HALOT. Given that both, plus other newly added resources, were on my wish list, the cost of upgrading was, in my situation, justified.

Blessings in your decision Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS