Not updating on my Mac

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2747
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:01 AM

I purchased the upgrade and it downloads on my Windows machine, but on my Mac there are no downloads of the new resources, it says they are available but it doesn't download. I tried setting to default update now and update resources and it says it will download but I get nothing. I tried rebuilding the index and it won't even index. but I still get nothing. The resources are not in the Resource folder I looked.

Very annoyedAngry 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2747
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:14 AM

I'll add that I did a cleanup with Onyx including permissions. No dice either. Latest 10.8.2 ML

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 12062
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:19 AM

Michael Ballai:
on my Mac there are no downloads of the new resources, it says they are available but it doesn't download. I tried setting to default update now and update resources and it says it will download but I get nothing. I tried rebuilding the index and it won't even index. but I still get nothing. The resources are not in the Resource folder I looked

Michael,

I'm sure the Mac experts in the forum as well as the Logos people would like to see the Logos log, indexer log and whatever may be available.

Mick

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 10831
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 5:02 AM

Michael Ballai:
but on my Mac there are no downloads of the new resources,

Michael, which OS are you using? Did you have a previous L4 installation on this Mac?

Michael Ballai:
The resources are not in the Resource folder I looked.

Does that mean that the folder is empty, or that you just do not have the new resources?

Michael Ballai:
I tried rebuilding the index and it won't even index.

If there are no resources, it cannot index.

Posts 1
Will Claborn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 5:07 AM

Michael,

I was experiencing a similar problem. After downloading and installing the disk image, L5 opened but froze at 58% while downloading/updating new resources. I followed all the troubleshooting instructions available in various help articles (I re-downloaded the disk image 5-6 times, deleted/updated L4 updating, etc.), and finally--out of desperation--I restarted my system. Afterwards, I reopened L5 from Applications, and the updating completed and my resources indexed without any problems. I know this sounds to simple (arcane?), but I was wondering if the same might solve your problem.

Also, I'm not sure if this matters, but I was updating from L4 Platinum to L5 Portfolio.

I hope this helps,

Will

Posts 32
Pastor Alan Brooks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 5:08 AM

You are among friends, on the very annoyed...I've spent part of the last two days trying to get my $$ worth out upgrading...I purchased  SILVER 5 because of CLAUSE SEARCH & TIMELINE...neither of which are anywhere to be found in my tool section...my other resources all appear the same...

I have the same problem on TWO different MACs... started another download attempt only to have this one stop at 71%...I've heard web servers crashed on their end...although it looks like their payment server is working just fine since it took my $$$ 

Posts 32
Pastor Alan Brooks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 5:21 AM

God apparently heard & was sympathetic to my frustration in my last past

I now have access to these resources...WOW that was quick!

Thank you Jesus!

Posts 2852
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 7:23 AM

Did you try to download and install manually?

Posts 10831
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:07 AM

Alan Brooks:
CLAUSE SEARCH & TIMELINE...neither of which are anywhere to be found in my tool section.

Guess you know by now, but for the benefit of others reading this thread. Clause Search is an option in the Search screen

Posts 2747
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:52 AM

I was stil not getting things this morning. I tried pulling the backup from Time Machine. Finally I decided to trash the install and start fresh. About 25 tries after that and multiple reboots  and it still was having none of it. I finally dialed Logos and on the second ring it began actually downloading.

They seriously need to mind the servers. I don't think any of this was my setup at all, and now I have to babysit a reinstall. 

Posts 2747
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:44 PM

Just an update. It installed perfectly this time. Although not problematic on Win, I'm not exactly convinced it will neatly install over L4M. It might be the fact that I migrated my setup from an older machine just a few days earlier and that somehow caused something to go astray in moving once more to L5. 

At least it's up and running. And I'm no longer annoyed. Cool

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS