Logos 4 Search Options

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Kevin Swann | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:37 AM

I know how to do a word search, but how do you do a topical search? For example, if I wanted to find scriptures on healing or money or marriage, etc?

Thanks!

-KS

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:58 AM

If you type a topic into the "Go" field on the Home Page, you will get a list of topic references and other information. There is a good writeup on Topic Search in the wiki too.

I have attached an image here of what it looks like under Logos 5, it is similar; sorry I am not running Logos 4 now:

Posts 12
Kevin Swann | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:03 PM

Thanks for the information! However, I'm thinking along the lines of a concordance....when you a word search it will give you all the verses in the bible (by version) that has the word in it. Does Logos do that as well for a topic? Not information in books, but just scriptures listed that pertains to a topic?

Thanks again!

-KS

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:24 PM

Ah. The best way I know to research that is with a Topical book, there are quite a few on the Logos platform both in base packages and extra. Here is a picture of the same Healing topic using Nelson's book, you can see on the right from my Library the topical books I have. They are all similar and having a few gives you more flexibility to find what you are looking for, as their lists are all subject to some interpretation!

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:28 PM

If the topic you are looking for is also a "thing" you can use the new Clause Search in Logos 5 and it's smart enough to use Logos tagging to find anything related to the thing you search! Here note I am searching for money or coins:

There will be more tagging in the future, this feature will only get better over time!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS