Logos 4 Bible Versions Layout

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Kevin Swann | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:42 AM

How do I open multiple bible versions, each in their own window, to compare side by side. I know about the "floating" window option, but I'm looking for say 3 different windows, each with the same OR different version of the bible. For example in one window I would have Genesis 1, the next Genesis 2, the next Genesis 3, all in the SAME bible version or a different ones.

Thanks

-KS

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:49 AM

Kevin Swann:

How do I open multiple bible versions, each in their own window, to compare side by side. I know about the "floating" window option, but I'm looking for say 3 different windows, each with the same OR different version of the bible. For example in one window I would have Genesis 1, the next Genesis 2, the next Genesis 3, all in the SAME bible version or a different ones.

Thanks

-KS

There is always more than one way to do this, but I'll give you two (assumes you're using the Windows version):

1. If you have your Bible version as a short cut on your shortcut bar, you can use CTRL-click on the shortcut to open a new instance of the Bible (even if other instances are already open).
  2. With your the Bible version you want to 'clone' as the active tab, press CTRL-SHIFT-N.

Then navigate to your target reference (CTRL-G puts the focus in the reference box).

(Yes, there are other ways to do this too. But these two seem the most convenient for me.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 12
Kevin Swann | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:06 PM

Thanks so much! I've owned Logos for a while, but never really delved deeply into the features. So I don't know how to create shortcuts. How do I do that?

Thanks again!

-KS

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:38 PM

Kevin Swann:

Thanks so much! I've owned Logos for a while, but never really delved deeply into the features. So I don't know how to create shortcuts. How do I do that?

Thanks again!

-KS

The following article in the wiki will tell you all you want to know, and probably more: http://wiki.logos.com/Shortcuts_bar

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 12
Kevin Swann | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:05 AM

Mr. DeRuiter,

Thanks so much for your help! I was able to figure it out......

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS