Timeline Layout/Organization

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2012 6:09 PM
Could someone explain the layout of the timeline? I'm trying to figure out a rhyme or reason for the order from top to bottom. Is this laid out in some sort of relevant pattern or is it random?

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 10893
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 2:49 AM

Ron Cook:
Is this laid out in some sort of relevant pattern or is it random?

I know the colors are random. The order of timelines may be random also. Believe Logos is investigating making the colors more relevant, perhaps that will include order of display.

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:25 AM

I struggle to offer a helpful alternative.  Maybe somethhing like Biblical Events, followed by Israel/middleEast events, followed by world events.  Even that seems insufficient though. Hopefully, the brilliant minds in Bellingham will come up with something.  

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 611
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:59 AM

Yeah, maybe a more divided "three part" (or more!), timeline, one under the other for each time period?

In the Bible

In the Middle East

In the world

Posts 3106
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:02 AM

Currently the timeline events are dynamically arranged based on an attempt to minimize "dead space" in the layout while still attempting to keep more significant events near the top of the screen. A dynamic layout is desirable in order to keep events displayed near the top of the view when filtering is active.

You can find Bob's response on the subject here (including some ideas we have for future improvements):
http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58762/418201.aspx#418201

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:31 AM

Thanks Andrew.  Glad to see the team is already looking at making this tool even better.  

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS