Reliability

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 23
Earl R Click Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 10 2012 3:32 PM

In a forum you see a lot of the problems and not to many success stories. I am wondering how many people are having no problems with LOGOS 5? Is it safe to buy now or should one wait until most of the issues are corrected? I sure don't want to go through any more hassles with my notes for one and being a guniea pig is no longer my fav thing to do with whatever time I have left....so what do you think? love ya, earl

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 3:38 PM

Earl R Click Jr:

In a forum you see a lot of the problems and not to many success stories. I am wondering how many people are having no problems with LOGOS 5? Is it safe to buy now or should one wait until most of the issues are corrected? I sure don't want to go through any more hassles with my notes for one and being a guniea pig is no longer my fav thing to do with whatever time I have left....so what do you think? love ya, earl

I've experienced one or two very minor bugs, but am very happy with the upgrade. I certainly don't feel like a guinea-pig.

Posts 6
Robert Olen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 3:50 PM

I upgraded on the first day of the release.  I have both PC and Mac applications installed.  I have not experienced any major issues, just a few bugs here or there.  Logos has done a real good job on quality for their release.  In addition, when you install logos 5, logos 4 remains installed until you manually uninstall it.  So, if you did have any issues and needed to get to the older version, you can do so with ease.

I am very impressed with the quality gf this product as well as the performance.  I think version 5 is faster than version 4.

Robert Olen

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 3:51 PM

I have seen very few problems from those who are running L5.

All the indications are that L5 is a much better product now than L4 was 3 yrs ago.

Most complaints have been about misunderstandings about the upgrade process and packaging.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:08 PM

Earl R Click Jr:

IMHO, Logos5 is more stable than Logos4. I run L5 on Windows, but from what I've seen, the L5 Mac version is more stable than the L4 version too.

The problems you're seeing are due to the fact that people without problems don't ask for help, and don't usually say that they're not having problems. Those with problems tend to be quite easily fixed, though some will require the intervention of tech support. So far, I seem to have made fewer suggestions for people to call tech support with L5 recently than with L4 just a few weeks ago. Remember Logos has thousands of users, and a large number of them frequent these forums. So even a few dozen problems demonstrates that these are exceptions to the rule.

Of course, if you are one of the few who have a problem, it is all you know - or care about.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:52 PM

Robert Olen:
In addition, when you install logos 5, logos 4 remains installed until you manually uninstall it.  So, if you did have any issues and needed to get to the older version, you can do so with ease.

I believe this is incorrect. From everything I've read L5 installs on top of L4.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1079
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 6:20 PM

Imo Richard got it right. L5 seems more stable than L4. By reality, it will never be perfect (can software be glorified? ;-)), but I have had fewer problems with L5.

Posts 34
Wesley Surber | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 6:26 PM

L5 is a massive improvement over L4.  I've noticed improvements in speed, reliability, and overall usability.  Plus, I'm a big fan of the full-screen support on the Mac now.  Its worth the price for upgrade.

The science, art, and philosophy of the royal game. - www.campfirechess.com

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:29 PM

No problems at all and much faster performance on my Windows 8 machine.  Most of the complaints I have seen have been due to minor bugs, leaning curve questions, and dissatisfaction of not having a minimal crossgrade available at launch.  

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 26207
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 10:37 PM

Ron Cook:
much faster performance on my Windows 8 machine

If comparing a Win 7 machine with a Win 8 machine that is not surprising as Win 8 is faster than Win7/Vista and XP.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:42 AM

Dave Hooton:
If comparing a Win 7 machine with a Win 8 machine that is not surprising as Win 8 is faster than Win7/Vista and XP.

Windows 8 boots faster, but it rarely runs applications faster.

Posts 23
Earl R Click Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:54 AM

I am running Win 7 right now but the stress I went through with my notes on the last upgrade is not forgotten. I am trying to see if I have the time to mess with the new one, hours in front of the screen fixing issues and all that if something goes wrong would be a waste of the nice weather we are having here pre-winter in the midwest.

Posts 10804
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 4:05 AM

fgh:

Robert Olen:
In addition, when you install logos 5, logos 4 remains installed until you manually uninstall it.  So, if you did have any issues and needed to get to the older version, you can do so with ease.

I believe this is incorrect. From everything I've read L5 installs on top of L4.

On a Mac, you install L5 by dragging the icon into the Applications folder. You will now have two Logos icons in your Applications folder because they have slightly different names. However, if you attempt to open L4, you will receive an error. Don't remember exactly what it was now. You will also need to replace the icon on your dock.

L5 Mac is far more stable than L4 Mac, as well as being quite a bit faster in practically every operation.

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:38 AM

Earl R Click Jr:
I am running Win 7 right now but the stress I went through with my notes on the last upgrade is not forgotten. I am trying to see if I have the time to mess with the new one, hours in front of the screen fixing issues and all that if something goes wrong would be a waste of the nice weather we are having here pre-winter in the midwest.

Earl, no one should waste nice weather before the winter sets in. Paradise

However, I experienced no trouble with Notes in L5 since they did not go through any modification like they did between L3 and L4. I did have trouble then, but have noticed nothing so far in L5.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS