Problem with Layouts

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2009 5:45 PM

Has anyone else noticed that there is no "X out" button to close the layout that you have just finished using? 

I don't know if this is a bug - or if Logos just forgot to add a feature - or if I may be doing something wrong, but . . .

Here's my problem . . . 

I've created 6 different "layouts" for my Bible Study so far - that I use to do very specific things. The problem I'm having is that when I shut down the program and open it up the next day I might want to do a search for Biblical People or open a new book

Well, what happens when I open the new book is that Logos 4 open's up the last layout I used and makes the new book I just opened - a tab - in one of the tiles of the last layout I used - which is a saved layout that I don't want to add this book to.

This is extremely annoying.  I don't want to add this new book to the last layout I used, because I created these layouts to do specific things.  I'd like the new book to open up all on its own.

So, IMHO it would be wonderful if Logos could add a button that shuts down all of your layouts, or if when you try to open a new resource it would just open all by itself and not add itself to that last layout I used.

Who knows, maybe I'm just doing something wrong.  If anyone has a solution please let me know.  Thanks.

sdahlinghwa

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 5:50 PM

type close all in the command bar.  Wait for the drop down to list the command and then drag it over to the shortcut bar.  It will appear there as a double arrow kind of icon.

There you are. An icon that closes everything. 

Enjoy.  Smile

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 5:56 PM

Good tip. However, I see that the double arrow doesn't close the Home Page. Any suggestions on how to do this?

mm.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 6:11 PM

Thomas Black:

type close all in the command bar.  Wait for the drop down to list the command and then drag it over to the shortcut bar.  It will appear there as a double arrow kind of icon.

There you are. An icon that closes everything. 

Enjoy.  Smile

Pretty nifty.  So far I had simply been using <ctrl-F4> to close the various resources.  I think I got cheated though -- I only got a single arrow.  Thanks.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:17 PM

That is just too cool!  Works perfect.  Thanks a million!

sdahlinghwa

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 10:15 AM

Milkman, the command only closes resources, the home page is not technically a resource.  to remove the home page, just click the house icon and it will scroll away.

George Somsel:
I think I got cheated though -- I only got a single arrow.  Thanks.
George, I thought you knew everything?      Ok, well maybe it's only a single arrow with a shadow.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 11:42 AM

Thomas Black:

Milkman, the command only closes resources, the home page is not technically a resource.  to remove the home page, just click the house icon and it will scroll away.

George Somsel:
George, I thought you knew everything?      Ok, well maybe it's only a single arrow with a shadow.

Maybe George does know everything after all! Geeked Should we put it to a vote?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 11:44 AM

Thomas Black:

The home page is very antisocial.  If you open another resource, it will take a powder.

Thomas Black:
George Somsel:

If I knew everything would I be spending so much money on all of these resources? 

I had in mind an arrow with heads pointing in opposite directions.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS