Will Logos 5 find the subject

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 401
Sam West | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 14 2012 8:48 AM

of a scripture, sentence or phrase and highlight or under line (maybe morph search)? I ask this same question while using L4 and at that time there was no way.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:13 AM

Sam West:

of a scripture, sentence or phrase and highlight or under line (maybe morph search)? I ask this same question while using L4 and at that time there was no way.

If you mean "Can I create a visual filter from a Clause search?", the answer is 'no'.

Posts 1384
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:51 AM

The OpenText.org Syntactically Analyzed Greek New Testament is the UBS/NA Greek text, but broken up with clause boundaries and clause component boundaries. Many folks don't realize this, but there is a version that is not the graph resource, but a normal 'running text'. This has been available since the intial release of OpenText.org material with LDLS3, so it works in LDLS3, Logos 4 and Logos 5.

An example is below, from Matthew 5. I took the liberty of circling some subjects. If you hover an abbreviation, a definition will pop up. Double-pipes (||) are clause boundaries, one to a line. [[brackets]] are embedded clauses. Single pipes (|) mark clause component boundaries. 'sc' are secondary clauses. The upward/downward pointing arrows inform which main clause the secondary clauses go with.

Hope it helps.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS