Greek/Hebrew Pronunciation

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 177
Derek Browning | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 19 2012 2:41 PM

Hi All,

I currently have L4, and have "Hebrew Audio Pronunciations" preordered.  I see in the upgrade to L5 contains:

Pronunciation Tools

and

Greek Audio New Testament

I have a couple of questions

1) Will upgrading to L5 still have the same greek pronunciation (through the information tool) as L4?

2) Will the Hebrew Audio Pronunciations that I have on pre-order work the same as the greek (from above)?

3) Will the Hebrew Audio Pronunciation on pre-order work the same for both L4 & L5?

4) What do the two tools (Pronunciation Tools & Greek Audio New Testament) add that the current Greek audio information tools not currently have?

Posts 3294
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 4:26 PM

Does the minimal crossgrade include this?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee

Derek Browning:

1) Will upgrading to L5 still have the same greek pronunciation (through the information tool) as L4?

2) Will the Hebrew Audio Pronunciations that I have on pre-order work the same as the greek (from above)?

3) Will the Hebrew Audio Pronunciation on pre-order work the same for both L4 & L5?

4) What do the two tools (Pronunciation Tools & Greek Audio New Testament) add that the current Greek audio information tools not currently have?

1) Yes; Logos 5 does not change this feature/dataset.

2) Yes; it is planned that when Hebrew pronunciation is completed and released, that it will work in the same way as the Greek pronunciation does now.

3) I think that it will work in Logos 4 as it will in Logos 5, but until it is actually completed and released, I can't say for sure exactly how the final product will work.

4) Nothing, as far as I know. Does the comparison chart show these items as "New to you", or does it just show them as part of the Logos 5 packages that you already own?

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee

David Taylor Jr:

No, the Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade only includes features and datasets that are new to Logos 5. The Greek audio pronunciations were already included in some Logos 4 base packages, and are not part of the Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade.

Posts 3294
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 5:35 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

David Taylor Jr:

No, the Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade only includes features and datasets that are new to Logos 5. The Greek audio pronunciations were already included in some Logos 4 base packages, and are not part of the Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade.

And it wasn't included in Scholars L4 as Hebrew RI for NIV is correct?  (which is too bad)

How to upload logs

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee

David Taylor Jr:

And it wasn't included in Scholars L4 as Hebrew RI for NIV is correct?  (which is too bad)

The NIV OT reverse interlinear is a different product than the Hebrew Pronunciations addin.

The NIV 2011 OT Reverse Interlinear is still under development; depending on the exact Logos 4 base package you owned, you may receive it for free when it is completed.

Posts 3294
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:06 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

David Taylor Jr:

The NIV OT reverse interlinear is a different product than the Hebrew Pronunciations addin.

The NIV 2011 OT Reverse Interlinear is still under development; depending on the exact Logos 4 base package you owned, you may receive it for free when it is completed.

Yes I know that, It was just wishful thinking that the pronunciations would be considered part of the package as the Greek was ;)

How to upload logs

Posts 28
Henry Au | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 8:39 AM

I also pre-order the Hebrew addin and also updated to Logos 5 (Gold). I would like to know:

1.When will be the Hebrew pronounciation addin finish? any schedule?

2.Do I still need to buy it if I already bought the Logos 5(Gold)? 

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS