Logos 5 is out? They never finished Logos 4 yet!

Page 9 of 9 (177 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9
This post has 176 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:14 AM

John:

David Taylor Jr:

Should they get Libronix 3 completely working with Windows 7?  No.

I hope you don't own a software company. A software company stays in business by
making its customers happy.

A software company that was proactive and planned to discontinue support of a product
with the release of a new OS would do so by releasing an updated package that delivered
the same or better functionality at the time the new OS hit the market.

That isnt what happened here.

I just don't see how ranting and raving gets anybody anywhere.  Have the mind attitude of Christ.  If you don't want the software, get rid of it, otherwise there is nothing really to be said.

Posts 14
Brian. E. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:23 AM

Thanks for your reply Phil. Just wanted to reply and say that no one has contacted me and I am not sure if my email got through to you but I haven't heard back.

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 12:28 PM

John:
Robert, I know a guy who called religious people serpents, scorpions and vipers.

OK hmm.

John:
One time he got violent and made a whip, threw peoples money all over and chased them away.

OK hmm

John:
Another time he sent out his followers to steal a donkey.

Are you serious about this? Really! I can see that you are upset with Logos but I cannot understand why a Christian brother would go so far as to make such a statement - wow. Please respectfully leave the Saviour out of this.

Kind Regards

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3268
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 12:59 PM

B. E.:

Thanks for your reply Phil. Just wanted to reply and say that no one has contacted me and I am not sure if my email got through to you but I haven't heard back.

Brian, I'm so sorry. I just replied to your email. I'm still trying to get caught up after being out of the office over Thanksgiving. I hope my email is of some help.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 1:02 PM

Ted Hans:

Please respectfully leave the Saviour out of this.

Ted, It seems that you responded to my post without reading the entire thread. It was my intent to discuss the Logos software. It was others, religious trolls if you will, that turned the thread into a religious sniping contest. The post you singled out was my response to one of the trolls who had called me "unchristlike" because I was willing to voice an opinion about problems.

As you can see, there is no end of such trolls on this forum ... there is already a new post since yesterday by a guy who apparently thinks that those "with the mind of Christ" would never complain about software ... but apparently complaining about other people, topics, and threads is "christlike".

Thanks Ted for the reminder, although indirect, that if I respond to such trolls that I myself might be mistaken for one of them.

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 1:12 PM

John:

Ted Hans:

Please respectfully leave the Saviour out of this.

Ted, It seems that you responded to my post without reading the entire thread. It was my intent to discuss the Logos software. It was others, religious trolls if you will, that turned the thread into a religious sniping contest. The post you singled out was my response to one of the trolls who had called me "unchristlike" because I was willing to voice an opinion about problems.

As you can see, there is no end of such trolls on this forum ... there is already a new thread since yesterday by a guy who apparently thinks that those "with the mind of Christ" would never complain about software ... but apparently complaining about other people, topics, and threads is "christlike".

Thanks Ted for the reminder, although indirect, that if I respond to such trolls that I myself might be mistaken for one of them.

That other guy was me, and I believe that was the same thread we are on now.  I am not trolling, your complaints are just outrageous as is your behavior.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 3:03 PM

777:
Bah and Fooey.  I gave my licenses for Logos away and now I'm on the mend.  Getting off the train that never goes anywhere was just the ticket I needed.

Still struggling with the trauma, I see. Broken Heart If you let go of the anger & bitterness you can truly begin your recovery. 

One more thought: Why would you give to someone something that has caused you so much grief? Did you dislike the person you gave your Logos to?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 3:41 PM

David Taylor Jr:

I am not trolling, your complaints are just outrageous as is your behavior.

David, your comments have been 100% Ad Hominem. Your posts in this thread have not been a discussion of the issues relating to Logos software. They are simply personal attacks cloaked in a self-righteous condemnation of others.

You think my behavior is bad? Look in the mirror sometime. If you are not trolling, nobody is.

You want to pretend you know "the mind of christ"? The way to accomplish that is by setting an example. No need to delay, you can start on this today.

If you disagree with what I have said about the software, then argue against what I said using knowlege, wisdom and facts. If you dont have any knowlege, wisdom or facts, then don't post.

Unless your attitude changes, I will no longer bother responding to you after this.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 3:57 PM

777:

Just do like I did and give your Logos away.  I first bought into Logos when it shipped on floppy disk.  It's been just a long jumbled trail of perpetual beta tests, broken promises, upgrades that only upgrade the till at Logos, and a lot of changing horses midstream.  Bah and Fooey.  I gave my licenses for Logos away and now I'm on the mend.  Getting off the train that never goes anywhere was just the ticket I needed. 

Just.  stop. throwing. good. money. after. bad.

Thanks for the advice. I have already stopped spending any more money on it. A refund for the "crossgrade" is supposed to be pending but has not yet posted to my account.

I would give it away if there were not dozens of books in it that I still want to read in the future. Going out and buying all those books again as physical books just isnt feasable for me right now. I invested in the Logos software in the past when I had lots of money. My financial situation now does not allow for it.

For me the positive is that the books are still there to read when I have time. For serious Bible study I have Bibleworks 8, and will be getting v9 soon. I also have quite a collection of "real" books now also.

Posts 2437
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 3:59 PM

John:

If you disagree with what I have said about the software, then argue against what I said using knowlege, wisdom and facts. If you dont have any knowlege, wisdom or facts, then don't post.

Unless your attitude changes, I will no longer bother responding to you after this.

LOL, classic troll post.  If you want someone to argue with you using knowledge, which they already have done on several occasions, then you should learn how to spell the word.  The first time I simply assumed it was a typo, but then you consistently misspelled it again.  If you don't like the software, and you are not going to follow anyone's suggestions about how to fix your problems, then make a clean break and go away.  Otherwise, you are simply trolling these forums.  I would hope that others will stop answering your posts, and this will certainly be my only post in this thread, so please do not bother answering my post unless you are actually ready to work on a solution.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:09 PM

One thing about it, these threads die hard historically. It takes at least two to converse. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:20 PM

John:
Your posts in this thread have not been a discussion of the issues relating to Logos software.

This thread has gone on for 10 pages now. Every concern that you have raised related to Logos software has been addressed by someone respectfully and correctly. The rest of your (unrelated to Logos) posts look very troll-like. Are you a former employee of another Bible software company? Did you lose your job due to Logos' marvelous success? Or, do you just want to sow discord? Proverbs 6:16-19

It is long past time to drop it. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2437
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:25 PM

EVERYONE WHO CONTINUES TO POST IN THIS THREAD IS GIVING THE DESIRED RESPONSE.  JOHN HAS ALREADY ADMITTED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS THAT HE DOES NOT WANT HELP.

IF YOU WANT THIS THREAD TO DIE, THEN DO NOT POST ANYTHING ELSE IN IT!!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:30 PM

Joseph Turner:

LOL, classic troll post.  If you want someone to argue with you using knowledge, which they already have done on several occasions, then you should learn how to spell the word.  The first time I simply assumed it was a typo, but then you consistently misspelled it again.  If you don't like the software, and you are not going to follow anyone's suggestions about how to fix your problems, then make a clean break and go away.  Otherwise, you are simply trolling these forums.  I would hope that others will stop answering your posts, and this will certainly be my only post in this thread, so please do not bother answering my post unless you are actually ready to work on a solution.

Joseph,

Thank you so much for your spelling checker services. It is always good to know that someone out there is paying attention to something.

Apparently though, the spelling was the only thing you were paying attention too. The issues with the software HAVE been resolved. And in spite of your rude suggestion that I "go away", I will be continuing to use Libronix 3. I will remain here on the forum to help others who find themselves in a similar predicament as I found myself in.

It isnt a matter of "liking the software". And there is no "solution" as you seem to think. There is no "suggestion" that others can offer to make everything "good", but I am just unwilling to find.

Joseph, you seem to think there are no problems at all ... and I am just one individual who likes to complain. How wrong you are.

Just to show you how wrong you are, I took the list of forum posts from the first and second page. That is 48 posts. I filtered out the ones asking for general help etc, and only kept the ones about SERIOUS problems with this software:

Logos 5 Crashes when using Sense Lexicon et. al.  
  Seemingly random crashes after running minimal crossgrade  
  Dataset items don't work  
  Have to "Force Quit" to Quit Logos 5  
  Unexpected L5 Exit  
  Help - Logos5 is crashing  
  Cited By Tool not working  
  BUG: Common Highlights  
  L5 - Two crashes for the price of one  
  L5 crash on Mac Os X  
  Prioritization Bug?  
  Copy Bible Verses Bug?  
  Downloading of Updates Stuck  
  BUG BWS missing grammatical relationships  
  Problem with selecting a Bible to search  
  BUG: Bible Facts Discrepancy Is. 53:3  
  Bug: My Bible notes keeps getting deleted  
  BUG LDGNT and HDNT Mac  
  Nazareth not tagged as a Biblical Place in Luke 1:26  
  BUG: Answer entry area still too small to use  
  Indexer error  
  Bible Sense Lexicon - 2 bugs  
  BUG: 5.0 SR-3: Erroneous phrase in BWS Phrases section  
  Bug: links to maps in note file don't open Biblical Facts to maps  
  BIBLE FACT ERROR  
  Search Analysis missing features from L4  
  L5Mac - Crash on Exit  

There they are. 27 out of 48 posts are from people other than myself, who are reporting serious problems with the software. This is after what, 2 years of beta testing L4? Joesph lets face it ... after 2 years, if this is still the scenario, something needs to change.

You complaining about me isnt going to fix the problems all these other people are having.

So Joseph, let me be honest here ... I am tired of people like yourself trying to sweep all the problems under the rug and pretend in a self-righteous manner that they do not exist. I know you would like me to go away ... how about these 27 posts? Should all those people go away too? Would you be happy then?

Logos has a monopoly. They have a captive user base that cannot go buy a better reader software. If this were not the case they would have been out of business a long time ago.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:34 PM

Super Tramp:

It is long past time to drop it. 

Every post I have made in this forum has addressed issues with the topic of Logos software. The only exceptions are responses to trolls who want to turn this into personal or religious issues.

Unlike yourself, who appears to be here for the sole purpose of slandering others.

You say it is time to drop it? I challenge you to practice what you preach beginning immediately.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:35 PM

Joseph Turner:

EVERYONE WHO CONTINUES TO POST IN THIS THREAD IS GIVING THE DESIRED RESPONSE.  JOHN HAS ALREADY ADMITTED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS THAT HE DOES NOT WANT HELP.

Good idea Joseph. You go first.

Posts 68
Graeme Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:35 PM

Joseph Turner:

AGREE!!!

...what does everyone else think...Big Smile

Page 9 of 9 (177 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 | RSS