lemma and morph search

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 81
Jim Wait | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:51 PM

In setting up a morph search, example lemma:g:pneuma@N?S... I can not get "Search All Morph Text" to come up as an option....only surface text or Words of Christ under "search fields" , no"search all morph text" option... Is that not included in Logos 5 Silver?  As far as I know only the Bible Sense Lexicon was excluded from the Silver.

Thank You,

Jim Wait

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:48 PM

You should be able to search all morph text. Is it possible that you have a Bible search up instead of a Morph search. Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? Perhaps we can pick out what the issue is from the picture.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:54 PM

Jim Wait:

In setting up a morph search, example lemma:g:pneuma@N?S... I can not get "Search All Morph Text" to come up as an option....only surface text or Words of Christ under "search fields" , no"search all morph text" option... Is that not included in Logos 5 Silver?  As far as I know only the Bible Sense Lexicon was excluded from the Silver.

Thank You,

Jim Wait

You must be doing a bible search since "Words of Christ" isn't an option in a morph search.  In a morph search you need to clear all to get "All morph text."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:56 PM

George Somsel:
You must be doing a bible search since "Words of Christ" isn't an option in a morph search.  In a morph search you need to clear all to get "All morph text."

Not necessarily, a reverse interlinear Bible (pardon that dirty word Wink) can have the Words Christ search field.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:58 PM

This screen grab makes me realize, if you unselect all options then "All Morph text" is what is displayed by default.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:24 PM

Kevin Becker:

George Somsel:

Not necessarily, a reverse interlinear Bible (pardon that dirty word Wink) can have the Words Christ search field.

That's probably because it has English for those who want to pretend to be profitting from the original language.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 32223
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:39 PM

George Somsel:
That's probably because it has English for those who want to pretend to be profitting from the original language.

Come on George - I'm sure I know at least 4 words of GreekStick out tongue

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:51 PM

MJ. Smith:

George Somsel:

Come on George - I'm sure I know at least 4 words of GreekStick out tongue

But are they the right four words?  Wink

The background to this is a story I read about a chess grandmaster who, when asked how many moves ahead he thought (various masters giving various numbers), replied that he thought one move ahead—but it was always the right move.  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

Posts 81
Jim Wait | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:52 AM

Thank you George,M J Smith, and Kevin.

The search worked well when I switched Bibles to the SBL  NT or NA27 instead of theESV.

You people are very helpful.

Jim Wait

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS