5.0a (5.0.1.0220) available for download

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 21 2012 3:10 PM

5.0a (5.0.1.0220) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 5.0a will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command. If you encounter problems with the auto update, download 5.0a using the appropriate link in your confirmation email or order history on Logos.com for your Logos 5 base package.

Release Notes

This release includes:

• A tree layout for Bible Sense Lexicon.
  • Pinch-Zoom and Print/Export functionality for Bible Facts.
  • Links to Help articles now included in URL location.

Posts 3110
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 3:44 PM

The release notes say it adds a "Popular Highlights" Visual Filter.  Where can I find this?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 3:58 PM

David Taylor Jr:

The release notes say it adds a "Popular Highlights" Visual Filter.  Where can I find this?

David, it should be listed when you click on the Visual Filters icon (3 circles) on resources that support it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3110
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:04 PM

Mark Smith:

David Taylor Jr:

David, it should be listed when you click on the Visual Filters icon (3 circles) on resources that support it.

That was the first place I looked, it's not there. 

How to upload logs

Posts 155
James Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:13 PM

I can't find it on any of my resources either.... Hmm..

Jim

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:18 PM

Also, I notice the pre-defined form factors for the Layouts are gone - was this by design?  I don't use them so I would not miss them:

David

Posts 3110
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:18 PM

James Brown:

I can't find it on any of my resources either.... Hmm..

Jim

Ok, glad I'm not crazy then.

How to upload logs

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:22 PM

Mark Smith:

David Taylor Jr:

It appears it is gone. I checked resource(s) I reported bugs on with it, and it no longer shows there.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:35 PM

The new white Logos 5 LOGO icon will hardly be visible if Logos employees use it on this forum.

Did not recognize it on my HP blue desktop background, thought I had lost it - too many other white software icons on my desktop, tends to blend with the others rather than stand out as it has done to now ...... ditto in my "notification area" while indexing: any chance of a user option to select the Logos icon color (just add them to the exe file and we can select them ourselves directly)?

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:43 PM

David J. Wilson:

The new white Logos 5 LOGO icon will hardly be visible if Logos employees use it on this forum.

Did not recognize it on my HP blue desktop background, thought I had lost it - too many other white software icons on my desktop, tends to blend with the others rather than stand out as it has done to now ...... ditto in my "notification area" while indexing: any chance of a user option to select the Logos icon color (just add them to the exe file and we can select them ourselves directly)?

From this vantage point, the L5 icon looks great!  Wink

Posts 25294
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:43 PM

Dominick Sela:
It appears it is gone. I checked resource(s) I reported bugs on with it, and it no longer shows there.

I'm not going to mourn its absence!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25294
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:45 PM

David L Bailey:
Also, I notice the pre-defined form factors for the Layouts are gone - was this by design?  I don't use them so I would not miss them:

?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:55 PM

Well, I did have the pre-defined layouts below my custom layouts.  I checked another computer running Logos 5.00 and didn't see them; my guess is that L5 instances that installed over L4 kept the pre-defined layouts - until the new Logos 5.0a was pushed out. Again, I don't use the pre-defined form factors and so didn't notice they were gone in L5.

Posts 3110
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:02 PM

David L Bailey:

Well, I did have the pre-defined layouts below my custom layouts.  I checked another computer running Logos 5.00 and didn't see them; my guess is that L5 instances that installed over L4 kept the pre-defined layouts - until the new Logos 5.0a was pushed out. Again, I don't use the pre-defined form factors and so didn't notice they were gone in L5.

The pre-defined layouts show up if you are not on the home screen, see attached images:

How to upload logs

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:09 PM

Thanks David.  I must have never noticed it or forgotten.  I thought I was having a mental lapse or something (need more coffee perhaps). Smile

Posts 3110
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:14 PM

David L Bailey:

Thanks David.  I must have never noticed it or forgotten.  I thought I was having a mental lapse or something (need more coffee perhaps). Smile

I didn't know it until I did some looking around after your post.  You made me learn something new! Yes

How to upload logs

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:23 PM

David Taylor Jr:
The pre-defined layouts show up if you are not on the home screen

Ah of course - they make no sense to be used from the Home Screen. They are only used to rearrange resource/tool panes!

Posts 3110
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:30 PM

Dominick Sela:

David Taylor Jr:
The pre-defined layouts show up if you are not on the home screen

Ah of course - they make no sense to be used from the Home Screen. They are only used to rearrange resource/tool panes!

That is a good point!

How to upload logs

Posts 40
Rick King | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:51 PM

This update killed my program.  It now crashes on start and is completely unusable.  I've sent 30 reports to Apple.  Is there any way to fix this or should I just give up?  I can always just use this program and never update it on my Air but the screen is so much smaller.  Very frustrating as I just put all this money into it and now I can't access any of it.

I found a link from yesterday to download 5 again.  I replaced the app with it and still it crashes.  So, I guess I can  no longer run Logos on this computer.  Sigh.  I should never have upgraded resources yesterday.

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 6:17 PM

I'm not a big fan of the new white logo but I guess I will just have to get used to it.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS