Megaphony

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5423
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 23 2012 10:52 PM

Is there a way to make the ridiculous megaphone icon go away?

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 5423
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 10:54 PM

Nevermind, I found it.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

Posts 67
Aaron Kesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 4:11 AM

Where did you find that setting, David?

Grace and Peace,

-Rev. Aaron Kesson

http://www.aaronkesson.com

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 4:18 AM

To turn them off in a single resource that is open, see picture to turn them off, they are a Visual Filter. Or you can right click on "Speaker Label" and have the option to turn them off everywhere.

Posts 67
Aaron Kesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 4:21 AM

Thanks!  I think it's helpful but I don't see the need too have it always present.

Grace and Peace,

-Rev. Aaron Kesson

http://www.aaronkesson.com

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:25 AM

Rev. Aaron:

Thanks!  I think it's helpful but I don't see the need too have it always present.

I don't see the need to have it ever present.  What a lame-brained idea !

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 946
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:59 AM

I agree with George. Do we really need this? It just makes the text untidy.

No

P A

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:06 AM

P A:

You don't have to have it turned on, and they can be totally or selectively turned off — so no problem.

You should think of them like seat belts — a bit of a nuisance perhaps but then when they are needed.... a real godsend.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:30 AM

Patrick S.:
You should think of them like seat belts — a bit of a nuisance perhaps but then when they are needed.... a real godsend.

I'd rather take a dive through the windshield.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:36 AM

Well, this morning I was happily using one of my Logos interlinears and a verse had TWO of those megaphones almost in a row. So I click on both and it was the same guy.  I suppose I could have just turned them off, but it was easier to switch over to the NA27 greek. I'm sure George will see the nutty megaphones as a big plus for 'no interlinears!'. Actually I like the concept, but the megaphones remind me of high school football.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:16 AM

George Somsel:

Patrick S.:

I'd rather take a dive through the windshield.

Ouch — talk about living dangerously.

Well as I said one can have them turned off by default. I don't have them on — they annoy the heck out of me. 

On the occasion though that I want to do some 'dangerous driving' in the word I might turn them on and see how it goes. Hope I don't see you sprawled on 'the way'

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 4:34 PM

P A:

No

P A

Not everyone is blessed with complete understanding of the Bible. Logos appeals to beginners through scholars.  I think it's great that Logos puts these kinds of aids in to help people who really have no relationship with the spoken Word of God. If you don't like it turn it off, it's that simple.

Posts 3075
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 5:55 PM

David Paul:

See this thread also- http://community.logos.com/forums/t/60325.aspx

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 5423
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:39 PM

Doc B:

David Paul:

See this thread also- http://community.logos.com/forums/t/60325.aspx

LOL...priceless.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS