Copy books to another computer

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 37
Ron W | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 26 2012 1:30 PM

I want to be able to copy books I own (Vyrso & Logos) to my computer at work so I can look up some basic things I have read or seen at home.  I DO NOT want to download over 3,500 resources I own.  I also have Logos & Vyrso on my Android phone, so if I need more I can look them up on it.  I have downloaded Logos 4 from the internet and installed it at work, but it wants to download everything I own (which is over 8GB and I don't have the capabilty to download that much, nor do I want all that).  How can I select specific resources without downloading my whole library (e.g. a few bible translations, and books)?

Posts 26029
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 2:06 PM

You can't select which books to install to the desktop app. The best I can suggest is:

At home

• backup the Resource folder to a removable device 
  • use the Resource Information page (from an open tab) to get file names
  • delete files(*.lbxlls, *.logos4 only) in the backup Resource folder except for the ones you want**

At work

• set Automatically download Updates to No in Tools > Program Settings
  • use the command  scan F:  --> replace F: with the drive letter of the removable device from home
  • restart Logos to index the resources

To update the Logos4 software you will have to use this link http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

** after this initial population, which includes important data sets, you need only backup the resources/books you want added to the work folder.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 37
Ron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 12:29 PM

Thanks for your help.  I was able to copy the files and place them on my computer.  One problem I discovered:  for scan to work it must be scan e:\.  Without the "\" it didn't work. 

However, the files I copied are dated early 2011.  I also found files on the website for Libronix that I can download.  The files I really want are Vyrso & newer Logos 4 files.  Without downloading the whole library is there anyway to get them?

Posts 26029
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 2:47 PM

Ronald Wyncoop:
However, the files I copied are dated early 2011.

Are you saying you didn't copy the files you wanted?

Ronald Wyncoop:
I also found files on the website for Libronix that I can download.  The files I really want are Vyrso & newer Logos 4 files.  Without downloading the whole library is there anyway to get them?

Just download them at home, copy the ones you want to removable device & install them at office as I described. Am I missing something here?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 28723
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:33 PM

Another potential solution: Try using biblia.com. Most of your mobile enabled resources will appear. Logos isn't really designed to do what you are asking and any solution given would be more trouble than its worth (in my opinion). Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 37
Ron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:42 PM

I looked at Biblia and it is good, but requires an internet connection.  Unfortunately, that is often a problem where I am, so I was looking to work offline.

Posts 37
Ron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 6:52 AM

Dave,

I found the problem.  I got a new laptop earlier in the year and transferred my files from my old desktop.  I was copying from My Documents\Logos 4\ which apparently is where Libronix files were stored.   I just recently saw another thread where someone was asking about where PBB's were located.  So I checked the location and found the new Logos 4 & Vyrso files.  Since this is so hard to find, I'm recording it here for all to know: c:\users\your name\appdata\local\Logos\{random string}\ResourceManager\Resources\. 

Thanks again for your help!

Posts 26029
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 12:28 PM

Ronald Wyncoop:
Since this is so hard to find, I'm recording it here for all to know: c:\users\your name\appdata\local\Logos\{random string}\ResourceManager\Resources\. 

That should be c:\Users\your name\appdata\local\Logos4\Data\random string\ResourceManager\Resources\.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS