Trinity - Persons or Personalities or Both?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 146
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:15 AM

Is it OK to say that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are persons? Somebody suggested they are only personalities. (Any suggestions on how can I use Logos to shed light on this issue most welcome).

[Posted to seek genuine help; not  for theological debate.]

Posts 3107
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:17 AM

I would simply do a search in your dictionaries for "Trinity" or "Godhead" to find out what their entries say.

You may also want to perform a google search as it is a very specific query.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:32 AM

Look at Nicene creed, Athanasian Creed and the theologies.

Old saying that is correct: One cannot speak of the Trinity for very long without finding oneself in heresy, the Mystery is simply to large.

Smile.

Also might want to look at Catechism/s these will be very helpful.

Posts 4702
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:34 AM

Hi Peter

Peter Lever:
Somebody suggested they are only personalities.

According to my library there are a couple of hundred authors that would be willing to argue the toss with 'somebody'.

This was run on an old iMac - just for interest I did the same search on a MacBook Air - it took 2.98 seconds for the 'Library Results'.

Posts 3107
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:35 AM

Love the quote, it is quite an enormous subject!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 78
Al Sosa | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:05 PM

Hello Peter,

If I may just sing along with you on this question. I too have studying aggresively this divine reality of our Three Person God.
The way I am able to understand this mystery (God is a mystery, but not mysterious) of our God is in the following manner:

We are all human beings. On planet earth there is but 'one' human race, one human kind. There are not two human kind (species); if I may use this word.
Within 'one' human kind, there are several races. Within one human kind, there are many many people with personal attributes.
We all are human beings. There is something within all of us that makes us human beings, and it's not just our bodies. Inside every human being there is a human spirit. Many human spirits, but only one human species. This is how I can humbly understand my Eternal and Loving God!! My Yeshua who is my God and Holy Spirit who is my Counselor. One Essence, One Substance but three Persons. One human kind, many people.

Peter, I hope this is what you're looking for. If not, forgive my intrusion.

Blessing to you. . .

Eis Cristos

Al Sosa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS