Is there a better way to "update" a Layout . . .

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 430
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 30 2009 11:52 AM

In L3 I used to save an updated workspace by choosing its name from the list (usually it was the default, so I didn't have to choose anything, just answer yes when asked if I want to overwrite).

In L4 all I can figure out is to save the current snapshot by typing in the name again (and hoping I don't make a typo so that I end up with two similar named layouts and have to figure out which one to delete).  Is there a better way to save a layout that has changed since the last time I worked in it?

Dell XPS 8930/Intel Core i7-8700@3.20GHz/32GB RAM/Win10 Pro

Surface Pro 7/Intel Core i7-1065 G7@1.30GHz/16 GB RAM/Win10 Home

iPad Air/Pixel/Faithlife Connect

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 1:20 PM

Mary-EllenVian:
In L4 all I can figure out is to save the current snapshot by typing in the name again (and hoping I don't make a typo so that I end up with two similar named layouts and have to figure out which one to delete).  Is there a better way to save a layout that has changed since the last time I worked in it?

Unfortunately no - we were even told this was easier - go figure....

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 1:47 PM

Damian McGrath:

Mary-EllenVian:

Unfortunately no - we were even told this was easier - go figure....

May I join this choir?* Please Logos make this procedure more obvious.

*They won't let me in the real choir at our Church, so I have to join ones in the forums Geeked

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 4:34 PM

C'mon... a "save button" at least!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 5:23 PM

Robert Pavich:

C'mon... a "save button" at least!

I know I'm just repeating myself because I still have so many posts to go to reach 2000 Big Smile, but we need a right click overwrite option.

Posts 956
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 7:49 AM

Or drag the current (or any other) layout over the name of the layout you want to update.

Posts 46
Peter Bongers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:13 AM

Or a simple popup window that informs us / asks us:

"Do you want to overwrite the current Layout_x  YES / NO?"

It ain't rocket science! Huh?

Posts 28
Karen Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:46 AM

Mary-Ellen Vian:
hoping I don't make a typo so that I end up with two similar named layouts and have to figure out which one to delete

I agree. It would also be nice to know what layout you're currently in. Perhaps the name of the layout displayed somewhere. Or if the layout is not named it would be displayed as "Untitled" or something.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 11:01 AM

ditto with me.  I recently misspelled a word and created two layouts, one "prayer and devotion" the other "prayer and devoition."  A save button would be nice . . . or some simplification.

also--I have searched the help file, but I can't figure out an easy way to wipe the windows away.  Is there?  Currently I have to "x" out each window.  Am I missing something?  This comes up when I want a clean slate to build a new workspace . . . ahhhh, "layout."  :)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 11:15 AM

Daniel DeVilder:

also--I have searched the help file, but I can't figure out an easy way to wipe the windows away.  Is there?  Currently I have to "x" out each window.  Am I missing something?  This comes up when I want a clean slate to build a new workspace . . . ahhhh, "layout."  :)

I just have a blank layout saved and in my shortcuts, this clears everything out

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 11:33 AM

Daniel DeVilder:

You could just type close all in the command box.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 28
Karen Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 11:40 AM

Thomas Black:

Thanks...what a gem!!!

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 11:54 AM

Karen Campbell:

Thomas Black:

Thanks...what a gem!!!

Also, if you type close all, you may drag-drop that option (from the auto-complete drop-down menu) into your shortcuts bar, looks like it needs an icon too, nice find you two Smile

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 11:56 AM

Karen Campbell:
Thanks...what a gem!!!
Thank you, I do seem to reflect light at almost every viewing angle.  Wink

Here's your icon George:

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 12:05 PM

George Allakhverdyan:
Also, if you type close all, you may drag-drop that option (from the auto-complete drop-down menu) into your shortcuts bar, looks like it needs an icon too, nice find you two Smile

I always have a problem with typing close all for some reason and I forget to go to the shortcut bar for it so i tested something out. I closed everything done, saved the layout as CA. Then whenever I typed CA into the command line it closes everything down. Now ALT+D CA closes everything rather then having to type it out.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 12:08 PM

Philip Spitzer:
I always have a problem with typing close all for some reason
It must be the paws.  They don't handle the keyboard as well as the mouse.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 12:14 PM

Thomas Black:
It must be the paws.  They don't handle the keyboard as well as the mouse.

I think you might be right. Logos, could we please institute barking commands? One bark closes everything, Two barks opens my favorite Bible and it needs to ignore whimpers because that's how people know I need to be let out. This would really be beneficial to me.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:36 PM

thanks for the tips.  I didn't figure out that command.  I tried looking under "close all panes" and "close panes" in the help file.  didn't see anything.  Now I know!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 35581
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 3:53 PM

Philip Spitzer:
could we please institute barking commands? One bark closes everything, Two barks opens my favorite Bible and it needs to ignore whimpers

In an international manner I assume - Australian blues for me but I'm sure we have a need for Yorkshire, German, Peking ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2893
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 4:32 PM

Tim Hensler:

Or drag the current (or any other) layout over the name of the layout you want to update.

This gets my vote.

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS