PB Fonts Don't Match Rest of Logos

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2983
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 2 2012 12:08 PM

How can I get my personal book fonts to match the rest of Logos?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 24482
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 12:10 PM

Do you want the font names/size for Default font and language fonts?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2983
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 12:18 PM

I would like to match that yes.

How to upload logs

Posts 24482
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 1:00 PM

The L5 Default is called Skolar, which you would have to licence for your use --> http://www.type-together.com/Skolar

I think the Default L4 font is Athelas, which I see at the same site for Skolar.

Your language fonts are shown in Program Settings - and they should be in your Fonts folder.

As for size - http://community.logos.com/forums/t/43692.aspx

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2983
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:37 PM

So if I change the document to Skolar it will change it in Logos as well?

How to upload logs

Posts 476
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:34 PM

I've used Times New Roman size 12 for my Normal font in my PBBs, and they come out the same font as other Logos resources.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:33 AM

wow, that's one expensive font!

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 2983
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:39 AM

I wish Logos would convert the fonts when importing and converting the PB....

How to upload logs

Posts 13146
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:55 AM

David Taylor Jr:

It's not clear what you're asking, and therefore you're getting answers to different questions. What precisely is the problem, and what do you want to achieve?

Posts 2983
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:06 AM

Mark Barnes:

David Taylor Jr:

It's not clear what you're asking, and therefore you're getting answers to different questions. What precisely is the problem, and what do you want to achieve?

I guess what I want is that when I import a personal book it matches my Logos font settings.  So if I change Logos from default font to something else the PB would also change, apparently that isn't the way it works from what I am understanding.

How to upload logs

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:12 AM

David Taylor Jr:
I guess what I want is that when I import a personal book it matches my Logos font settings.  So if I change Logos from default font to something else the PB would also change, apparently that isn't the way it works from what I am understanding.

If you use Times New Roman in the .docx file, that is exactly how it should work. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2983
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:34 AM

fgh:

David Taylor Jr:

If you use Times New Roman in the .docx file, that is exactly how it should work. 

Hmm, that is what I used but it doesn't seem to be working that way.  It seems to stay in Times New Roman in L5.

How to upload logs

Posts 13146
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:53 AM

David Taylor Jr:

If you've set the text to Times by applying that font to a selected area, Logos will interpret that to mean that you want Times. If your Normal style is set to Times, and you don't alter that in the text, the Logos will interpret that to mean you want to use their default font. So you need to make sure your style is set to Times New Roman, and that you don't apply font changes to the text.

Posts 2983
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 6:19 AM

Mark Barnes:

David Taylor Jr:

If you've set the text to Times by applying that font to a selected area, Logos will interpret that to mean that you want Times. If your Normal style is set to Times, and you don't alter that in the text, the Logos will interpret that to mean you want to use their default font. So you need to make sure your style is set to Times New Roman, and that you don't apply font changes to the text.

Ok, so I am way behind at seeing this (six years....) but thanks! That's what I needed to know.

How to upload logs

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS