Hebrew Vowel Pointing alignment when pasted into Word

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Nathan Scheck | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:28 AM

I would like to print out the Hebrew text with multiple lines of spacing between each line to aid in translation. However, when I paste the Hebrew text into Word (or into Pages) the vocalic pointing shifts, making the reading illegible. How can I fix this?

I see that this issue has occurred elsewhere (on Android devices of certain editions), but I have not seen it addressed in reference to pasting the text into other word processors.

Thanks,

Nathan

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 9:03 AM

Apple's handling of vowel points (and several ancient languages) in most versions of OS X is quite buggy, and anyone relying on the default text rendering code (such as Microsoft Word) will be subject to those bugs.

Upgrading to Mountain Lion may fix most of your problems. For users who absolutely need rock-solid Hebrew rendering in a word processor on Mac, Mellel seems to be the preferred option.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 14
Joel Dougherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:00 PM

However, I am having the same problem when pasting into Mellel. Vowels sometimes move left. Daghesh, shewa, and accents generally move left. I have never had this issue before upgrading to Logos 5.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS