Recent Changes to Upgrade Prices

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 6005
Simon’s Brother | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 3:43 AM

Thanks Logos. 

Posts 1
Barry Titus | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:44 AM

Got $18 credit last evening and today spent it on Logos hat, tshirt and coffee mugs.  Will continue to promote a fantastic company and great products and people!  Thank you!

Posts 280
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:33 AM

Phil,

This is the thrid time my price has changed.  The current price for the two packages that I am looking at is not as low as I initially had, but lower than what it was been.  I am skeptical about the price because it is changed three times in one month.  You have an explanation for this price change, but why did the price go up before?  When will the price go up again?  Trying to balance a budget this time of year can be tricky, so it would be nice to at least have a general idea.  I am sure that I will upgrade to L5, but would prefer to wait until after the first of the year.  However, if the price is going to be (seemingly) arbitrarily inflated soon, I might be able to purchase it sooner.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:46 AM

Mark Johnson:

Phil,

This is the thrid time my price has changed.  The current price for the two packages that I am looking at is not as low as I initially had, but lower than what it was been.  I am skeptical about the price because it is changed three times in one month.  You have an explanation for this price change, but why did the price go up before?  When will the price go up again?  Trying to balance a budget this time of year can be tricky, so it would be nice to at least have a general idea.  I am sure that I will upgrade to L5, but would prefer to wait until after the first of the year.  However, if the price is going to be (seemingly) arbitrarily inflated soon, I might be able to purchase it sooner.

I cannot speak for Logos, but I would guess that what you are seeing now is what it will be until the promotional discounts for L5 are stopped.

Posts 30664
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:14 AM

Mark Johnson:
You have an explanation for this price change, but why did the price go up before?

Isn't the answer implied: 

Phil Gons:
Today we rolled out some price changes to some of the individual items included in many base packages. As a result, upgrade prices have decreased for some upgrades and increased for others.

The prices changed because of adjustments to the underlying resources.

Mark Johnson:
When will the price go up again?

Phil's answer is "when the special introductory promotional discounts end":

Phil Gons:
Please be assured of our commitment to provide the best prices to customers who buy early. As I mentioned, this kind of change shouldn't happen in the future. However, upgrade prices will go up when the special introductory promotional discounts end. It's still a good idea to upgrade sooner rather than later.

I think you are safe till the new year… If you are seriously thinking about getting it, you should consider doing so before then.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 280
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:28 AM

Alabama24 - you normally write very useful posts, but this was not one of them.  You wrote, "Isn't the answer implied" and then quoted from Phil.  My answer to you is: No - it only explained one price change, not two.

Also, this question was directed to Phil (an actual Logos employee), it is his answer that I desire.

Posts 30664
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 11:09 AM

Sorry Mark. 

I answered because often the Logos employees don't get a chance to read or follow up. We wouldn't want them to anyways… we want them to get some real work done. Big Smile Upon reflection, Phil will probably visit this thread many more times. Wink

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 11:29 AM

Thanks, Phil, for announcing this and why it occurred. I may not receive a credit since I received an adjusted price back when things first went up a bit, but I appreciate the gesture as an act of good will, nonetheless.

This is really the type of practice I have seen since I've been using Logos and why many of us get a bit perturbed when posters allege unethical behavior on the part of Logos.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 2:44 PM

Bill Moore:
This is really the type of practice I have seen since I've been using Logos and why many of us get a bit perturbed when posters allege unethical behavior on the part of Logos.

Yes

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:06 PM

Which upgrades allowed for a credit? I upgraded to Gold (from leaders library), but no email. Not sad, just curious.

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:17 PM

Alan:
Which upgrades allowed for a credit?

What changed were the prices of some of the resources in packages. I suppose that if you already had those resources there would be no credit back.

Have you checked your account page to see if credit has been posted there?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:17 AM

I received a $22 credit.  Thanks Logos.

Posts 2394
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:21 AM

Thanks Logos!!  As I am sure was the desired reponse, I spent my $25 credit and then some! 

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:21 AM

I had a similar experience with a vyrso freebie, which developed a price when in my cart, so I didn't order it.  As I suspected, they were  just taking it off the freebie list.  The vyrso staff member's response to my enquiry in the forum was to add the (unordered) book to my library for free, which I never asked for or expected.  I'm really impressed by Logos' service and business ethics.

Posts 6
DAVID | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 5:09 AM

Hi Joseph! Was your $25 credit for the Portfolio Upgrade? If not, does anyone know how much to anticipate for the Portfolio Upgrade discount? Thanks & blessings in Christ!

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 5:20 AM

Hi David - and welcome to the forums

Have you already purchased a L5 base package?

DAVID:
If not, does anyone know how much to anticipate for the Portfolio Upgrade discount?

My understanding is that the discount outlined in this thread was for those who had bought a package and then the prices had gone down. Those who qualified for this should have received an email.

Graham 

Posts 6
DAVID | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 8:32 AM

Thanks for the welcome, Graham!

No, I haven't purchased L5 yet. I had been looking to get it a few weeks ago but had some medical issues that came up with my parents that I do to take of that got my focus off shopping for Logos 5. Also, I saw in another post that those who were shopping earlier could get the lower price if they knew what it was so I was trying to find it since I had been shopping it before I had to take my dad to the hospital. Thankfully, he's doing well. I'll have to see if I have it written down anywhere. Thanks and God bless you!

Blessings in Christ,
David

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 8:41 AM

Hi David

Thanks for the clarification . Sorry to hear your father hasn't been well but good to hear he is doing ok.

I would advise contacting Logos sales and discussing it with them.

They are normally very pleased to help

A couple of points:

• the original post in this thread gave a date of 14 December to take advantage of this offer of holding prices
  • for some people the change in prices resulted in a reduction!

Graham 

Posts 280
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 2:07 PM

I just upgraded to L5.  The "custom" upgrade price was a few dollars lower than it had ever been for me.   While on the phone to Logos I received an explanation for the price changes.  The custom prices change due to the contents of the package.  If there are some items on sale that go off sale or vice versa, those changes are reflected in the custom package price.  This was good to know and easy enough to share.  I would have appreciated having someone respond to this thread with this information and I hope it helps others.

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 2:21 PM

Hi Mark

Mark Johnson:
If there are some items on sale that go off sale or vice versa, those changes are reflected in the custom package price.  This was good to know and easy enough to share.  I would have appreciated having someone respond to this thread with this information and I hope it helps others.

Good to know of your good experience.

But wasn't this implied in the post by Mark above - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/61517/436655.aspx#436655 and even Phil's original post which started this thread - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/61517/435944.aspx#435944?

Graham

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS