BUG: PB can't be removed for recompiling

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 36360
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 3 2012 9:00 PM

[Info] Starting build for PBB:56646e8369d948be9279d4e28b41e006
[Error] Error while building book: Could not remove existing resource. Please close all other open panels and try again.
[Error] Exception: LDLS4.Panels.PersonalBookBuilderPanel.PersonalBookBuilderException: Could not remove existing resource. Please close all other open panels and try again.
   at LDLS4.Panels.PersonalBookBuilderPanel.PersonalBookConverter.<CreatePersonalBookWork>d__c.MoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1.EnumMoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1.EnumMoveNextWithCatch()
   at LDLS4.Panels.PersonalBookBuilderPanel.PersonalBookViewModel.<CreatePersonalBookWork>d__a.MoveNext()

I have nothing open that contains the source file - in fact Word has been closed for several minutes. I have closed and reopened Logos but the problem remains.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 10:13 PM

Hi MJ, I came across the same error last night when I was trying to get this lectionary PB working properly, but hadn't got around to posting a bug report.

I eventually worked out it wasn't able to remove the existing pb as I had prioritised it and Logos was keeping a handle to the file open as it was on my homepage as the most prioritised lectionary. Unprioritising the book fixed the issue.

Perhaps that's your issue, if not, maybe there are various bugs causing the same symptom.

Posts 36360
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:48 PM

Thanks for the hint - that may be it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19706
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:59 PM

It looks like it's not the source file that can't be removed; it's the previously compiled book that can't be removed so that Logos can overwrite it. Look for the file 56646e8369d948be9279d4e28b41e006.lbspbb in ...Logos4\Data\{random}\ResourceManager\Resources and try to delete it. It's probably locked so you can't. There are various utility programs that will allow you to delete a locked file. Rebooting the computer should also do the trick.

Posts 36360
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 1:56 AM

I was able to delete the book with the normal delete then recreate the book successfully. I think that Jon was correct that it was a prioritization issue that I could have solved more easily since it was prioritized specifically for testing.

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:16 PM

I've had this problem too several times. I found the easiest way is to chose a simple layout that doesn't have any ppb. This closes all my resources and then have been able to open ppb and recompile without any problems.

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS