12 Days of Christmas 2012

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:14 PM

Travis Walter:
Why would I not buy the Libronix Disc?

I have several reasons why it is better to buy from Logos directly than from a third party seller. One reason is the thirty day satisfaction guarantee. Another reason is my account order history only lists product I have purchased directly from Logos. If I ever want to refresh my memory about the purchase date or price I paid, it is easy to look up. Yet another reason is the good service and goodwill I get every time I deal with Logos.

I only wish all Libronix titles were available from Logos.com. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:48 PM

Offtopic and a bit early, but I need to share.  I heard this today on the (computer) radio so I looked for it on the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRobryliBLQ

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 6:01 PM

Well, since it's day two, have another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgPeEvUl06Y

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 326
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 6:29 PM

George Somsel:
Offtopic and a bit early, but I need to share.

Glad you shared George!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:16 PM

Super Tramp:
I only wish all Libronix titles were available from Logos.com. 

+1 Yes

Also noticed Logos Christmas sale includes a number of book bundles => http://www.logos.com/christmas

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10649
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:59 AM

Travis Walter:
Well L has created a monopoly

It is only a monopoly if you must have Logos Geeked. There are at least two major competitors. I have a substantial investment in one of them, but I prefer Logos.

Posts 501
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:48 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Also noticed Logos Christmas sale includes a number of book bundles => http://www.logos.com/christmas

Keep Smiling Smile

Thanks for the tip.  There are so many that I want.  I guess I will have to wait and see what else comes on sale during the 12 days.

Posts 501
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:52 AM

Jack Caviness:

It is only a monopoly if you must have Logos Geeked. There are at least two major competitors. I have a substantial investment in one of them, but I prefer Logos.

I agree Jack.  I also have a large investment in two companies as well.  I usually compare prices and make my decision on price and how I intend to use the product.  Logos has by far more products and features that other companies do not have.

Posts 482
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 9:25 AM

ok let me rephrase.. L has a monopoly on the production of L products.. yes I am aware of A. 

Posts 10649
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:25 AM

Travis Walter:
ok let me rephrase.. L has a monopoly on the production of L products.. yes I am aware of A. 

So does A Geeked Can't say about B, since I have never used their product. (Why are we using initials? Hmm)

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:33 AM

Travis Walter:
ok let me rephrase.. L has a monopoly on the production of L products.

Isn't that true of almost any company? Microsoft, Apple, Ford, GM, etc

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 482
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:46 AM

The only point I was making was that I have purchased a few libronix titles, WBC, ACCS, Preachers Commentary and another I cant think of right now that have been 1/4 to 1/2 of what Logos sells them for.  Its the same product.  Why would I not purchase them?

Posts 1079
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:49 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

I see these are using the same system as the base bundles ... credit is given for your existing library.

One strange thing, at least for me ... is that on at least two of these bundles, it is literally cheaper for me to buy the medium bundle than the small. This is a straight $ price, not just cheaper per resource etc. Since the small is a subset of the medium, i would have expected, at the very least, that the medium had the same price as the small, assuming that i already owned all the resources that move the small into a medium. If there were one or two additional resources, then I would expect to medium to be more expensive.

I presume that this is one of those bigger discounts if you buy more resources being applied across all of the resources in the bundle, even if you already own them.

Still , in terms of content ... for me there is nothing there to entice me to overcome the $ shock of the L5 upgrade that I am still living with ... temporarily  Wink

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:06 PM

Travis Walter:

The only point I was making was that I have purchased a few libronix titles, WBC, ACCS, Preachers Commentary and another I cant think of right now that have been 1/4 to 1/2 of what Logos sells them for.  Its the same product.  Why would I not purchase them?

You should purchase them if they are cheaper.  Especially ACCS, which isn't even on the Logos site currently.

However there are a few different configurations of WBC out there on CD/DVD.  You don't automatically get new volumes from Logos  if you purchase an older collection that doesn't include them.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:11 PM

Martin Folley:
One strange thing, at least for me ... is that on at least two of these bundles, it is literally cheaper for me to buy the medium bundle than the small. This is a straight $ price, not just cheaper per resource etc. Since the small is a subset of the medium, i would have expected, at the very least, that the medium had the same price as the small, assuming that i already owned all the resources that move the small into a medium. If there were one or two additional resources, then I would expect to medium to be more expensive.

If you speak nicely to them, you might be able to charge you more.  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

Posts 10649
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:17 PM

Travis Walter:
Its the same product.  Why would I not purchase them?

Since they are the same resource, go for it. However, we cannot expect it to last forever as Logos appears to be incrementally pulling all sales back into the company. Sometime ago, Bob Pritchett posted an explanation of his logic for this. One interesting/disturbing aspect of this was that the greatest amount of shelf-loss* occured in Christian bookstores

*Shelf-Loss = merchandise which mysteriously disappears from store shelves

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:42 PM

Jack Caviness:

Travis Walter:

Since they are the same resource, go for it. However, we cannot expect it to last forever as Logos appears to be incrementally pulling all sales back into the company. Sometime ago, Bob Pritchett posted an explanation of his logic for this. One interesting/disturbing aspect of this was that the greatest amount of shelf-loss* occured in Christian bookstores

The usual term for that is "shrink."

george
gfsomsel

Posts 933
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 1:06 PM

George Somsel:

Where I come from, we've usually called it "theft" Zip it!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 1:31 PM

David Carter:

George Somsel:

Where I come from, we've usually called it "theft" Zip it!

Of course it's theft, but the industry term is "shrink."

george
gfsomsel

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 1:34 PM

George Somsel:

Jack Caviness:

Travis Walter:

Yes, Working in retail the term I would use is shrinkage. Jack, I had visions of customers walking out of the store looking all innocent with a shelf under their arm. Appreciated your terminology though Jack, maybe it was Bob's originally.

Shrinkage is interesting term in itself.  If you try to apply it to an individual item that has mysteriously disappeared from the store shelf it does not quite make sense.  When speaking of specifc items, shelf loss does make more sense. Shrinkage becomes meaningful when apply to a collective - the total quantity of inventory has 'shrunk' as a result of shrinkage - which is not limited to theft but also includes loss stock due to damages, loss of value due to incorrectly priced items, or simply not checking deliveries when a shipment arrives and accepting it as fully delivered when it fact it was actually short delivered - this results in a write down at stock take time at which point the actual shrinkage occurs). 

Electronic download as the only means of distribution does eliminate shrinkage risks - but there is one area open for a potential loss to occur, which i mentioned above - even without having a physical inventory.

Edit: I too notice some of the medium packages came up cheaper for me than the small packages.   No complaints about that though, particularly when I was being offered more resources I didn't own in the medium package compared to the small package for a lesser price.  (This is potentially an example of what I was talking about above, unless it was intended to work that way as a Christmas bonus for the enterprising customers who check all the options before making a choice.

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS