Hand-selected Book Bundles

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:38 PM

Just saw these on the Logos web site. Anyone find anything interesting? I notice they give a discount for books one already owns in the bundle, which is good.

http://www.logos.com/christmas?utm_source=12daysoflogos&utm_medium=blog&utm_content=dtib&utm_campaign=12days2012

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 103
mwk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:46 PM

Actually I did find something interesting and I went ahead and bought it... the Preaching Bundle.

I'm not a pastor, but I do teach an adult class on Sundays and would like to do more teaching in the years to come. I've found that many books on preaching can be applied to non-pastors in teaching roles.

I had $30 knocked off the price based on books I already had.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:03 PM

Great concept. So far nothing jumps out at me in terms of meeting my current study objectives.

Posts 9701
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:39 PM

It would be helpful if the feature worked like the Logos 5 upgrade calculator so you could see which ones you already owned and which ones you don't own. Right now it looks like you have to look each of them up separately.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1210
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:45 PM

Wow, what a great approach: Bundles with discount and consideration of what I already own. Well done, Logos.

Now I only need to decide which one(s) to go for.

Armin

Posts 19356
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:55 PM

Bruce Dunning:

It would be helpful if the feature worked like the Logos 5 upgrade calculator so you could see which ones you already owned and which ones you don't own. Right now it looks like you have to look each of them up separately.

Yes

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:34 AM

Mark Smith:

Just saw these on the Logos web site. Anyone find anything interesting? I notice they give a discount for books one already owns in the bundle, which is good.

http://www.logos.com/christmas?utm_source=12daysoflogos&utm_medium=blog&utm_content=dtib&utm_campaign=12days2012

You could say that the New Testament Studies Bundle is a good deal because you will have to pay $1,720.00 for The Historical Jesus by Stanley E. Porter and Craig A. Evans in a hardcover from Amazon, $123.74 for a new softcover from an amazon seller, or $8.98 for a used softcover book

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:24 AM

This is pretty cool.  At first I was annoyed at having to put things in my cart to price them, yet it forces you to read what you're purchasing instead of just buying another book bundle.  I think the current design is for the best!

I ended up buying the Baptist Studies Medium and Preaching Large... with a side of fries

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:43 AM

I too love this new idea where bundles re-price based on what I,already own. Thankyou.

But I still can't tell which ones I have, and which would be new. The web site already knows, so please show me, as for the Base Packages.

Also, Please can we have the iOS icon back for things that work, or dont work, on mobile platforms. Thanks.

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:51 AM

JimT:

I too love this new idea where bundles re-price based on what I,already own. Thankyou.

But I still can't tell which ones I have, and which would be new. The web site already knows, so please show me, as for the Base Packages.

Also, Please can we have the iOS icon back for things that work, or dont work, on mobile platforms. Thanks.

Yes

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 1210
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 9:20 AM

Rosie Perera:

Bruce Dunning:

Yes

YesYesYesYes

Posts 57
Pavel Kostecka | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 10:15 AM

Are these bundles too only for Christmas?

Posts 280
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 10:34 AM

Nice concept.  Thank you Logos!

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 10:41 AM

Glad Logos has provided a list of bundles all in one place. The best deals to add books to your library are found in bundles such as these. Looking at the Old Testament bundle for this year, I wonder where is XL for those who wear that size?

David

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 1:06 PM

Thanks for pointing this out. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise, and I'll have to check out the titles when I have more time.

Has anyone found a bundle that is 75% off? They're advertised as "up to 75% off" but so far every bundle I've checked is 50% off, with no variation.

Posts 1035
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 1:11 PM

When I purchased the Large Church History Bundle the notional price of $190 was discounted down to $40 due to resources I already owned and these 6 volumes have a combined Logos regular price of $132 if brought separately (and in any event there are not any cheaper bundle options available).

This looks like a discount of around 70% to me.

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 1:18 PM

Interesting. So what you're observing is that different books in the bundle have been discounted at different rates. If this is what the "up to 75%" refers to, it is pretty misleading, since the only way to have a bundle discount reach that is to own certain (less discounted) books.

Possibly they made a mistake in discounting, or were overzealous in their promotion copy.

Posts 21
Brian Durbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 1:20 PM

I really like this idea, and the discount on books I already own. I will definitely be buying one or more of these packages by the end of the year. 

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS