L5 MAC Crash - Library Sort by Last Update

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 7
Louis J Rosen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:35 AM

Some of my resources were recently updated.  Since that update whenever I try to sort my Library by Last Update Logos5 crashes.  All other sorting options work.  

Two other observations: (1) the newly updated resources still have an old last update date;  (2) I don't think the indexer ever ran after these updates were downloaded.

I've attached log files.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Peace to all

Lou

MACBOOK PRO

OSX 10.8.2

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Posts 29360
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:25 AM

Hi Lou! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

I am not a techie, but I can read logs a little. Unfortunately, you didn't have the logos.log. Did you enable logging?

In the crash & error logs, I see that there is something about the "database or disc is full." What is your hard drive space like? There may also be a corrupt database file, but I could not decipher that from the logs you gave. Can you enable logging and submit the logos.log?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7
Louis J Rosen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:56 AM

Hi Alabama

Thanks for your reply.

alabama24:
In the crash & error logs, I see that there is something about the "database or disc is full." What is your hard drive space like? There may also be a corrupt database file, but I could not decipher that from the logs you gave.

Checked my HD and it shows 195GB free out of 396GB.  Ran Verify and Repair on the HD and it made a few repairs but the crash persists in LOGOS Library.

alabama24:
Unfortunately, you didn't have the logos.log. Did you enable logging?

Tried again and a new set of logs is attached.  Hope I got it right this time Confused

Really appreciate your trying to help.

Peace

Lou

Posts 29360
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 10:39 AM

Great job Lou. Smile

Unfortunately I was unable to determine which database you are having troubles with. Perhaps a techie will be by… If you are in more of a hurry, you can call Logos during business hours. They can normally take care of you fairly quickly. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 1:03 PM

Hi Louis,

You haven't called us so I'll email you.

Posts 7
Louis J Rosen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 5:59 PM

Alabama and Tommy

Thank you both for taking an interest in my little problem.  I think the problem has been fixed.  Alabama mentioned the possibility of a "corrupt database file".  I searched the forums and found a suggestion that sounded promising -- to delete the LibraryCatalog\catalog.db file and let LOGOS recreate it.  This seems to have stopped the crashes, although I did have to wait while LOGOS did a complete re-indexing.

While I was waiting for the indexing to complete,Tommy emailed the suggestion that I navigate to /Library*/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/cfy4s08t.83b/ and rename the Updatemanager folder and restart LOGOS.  If the problem recurs I'll try that.

Again, many thanks for all the help.  The forums and LOGOS Support are great!

Peace

Lou

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:39 AM

Thanks for the email reply, Louis. I'm glad all is well. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS