No hyperlink to 1 Clement

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Matthew Armstrong | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:18 AM

Is there a reason my books don't hyperlink to my ANTE-NICENE FATHERS books? For example 1 Clement in in ANTE-NICENE FATHERS Volume 1, but references to that letter are not hyperlinked there. I noticed that there are no verse numbers in ANTE-NICENE FATHERS, but it would be cool if a link would at least take you to the beginning of the letter. 

Thanks for your help in advance!

Posts 1812
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:36 AM

If you are talking about the lectionary for "Read the Fathers", I created, it links to the "Apostolic Fathers" datatype for 1 Clement and all the Apostolic Fathers.  To tell you the truth, I don't know if the Logos ECF supports that datatype since I don't actually have the set. I assumed they added it when they did the extensive re-tagging a bit back....

To check, load up VOLUME 1 of the Antenicene Fathers, and then click on the info button (the I in a circle on the upper Right of the resource window).  Go down to the list of Indexes.  If it lists Apostolic Fathers as an index, then I don't know what to say...  It works with my Holmes...

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 9:11 AM

Kenneth McGuire:
  If it lists Apostolic Fathers as an index, then I don't know what to say...  It works with my Holmes...
Peace, Ken!

and              Every Blessing!

It does list Apostolic Fathers as an index .....

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9
Matthew Armstrong | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 9:50 AM

Thanks guys. I'm not totally up on the technical side of logos, so here's what I"m talking about...

Here's a screen shot from the info for Ante-Nicene Fathers, Volume 1. Under indexes it says "Apostolic Fathers."

But here is a screen shot of a reference in DLNTD. You can see near the bottom a reference to "1 Clem. 12.1-8". When you hover over "1 Clem." it just says "1 Clement", but it does not actually link to 1 Clement 12.1-8.

So my question is why doesn't DLNTD link to Ante-Nicene Fathers Vol 1?

Thanks again.

Posts 1812
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 10:37 AM

Matthew Armstrong:
So my question is why doesn't DLNTD link to Ante-Nicene Fathers Vol 1?

That one is easy.  Because DLNTD does not have a link to 1 Clement.  It has been in Logos for a while, and when it was produced it was not expected that it would be linked to non-biblical documents.  Now this is standard, expected behavior in new releases.  I know from some person books I have created that this tagging can be a slow process, even if a script could almost certainly catch the example you give.  I hope that these IVP Dictionaries get a re-tagging treatment like the Anchor received.  But I actually hope they do that it to TDNT first...

Manually you should be able to type "1 Cl 12.1-8" in the reference box for Ante-Nicene Fathers Vol 1 and it should turn to the page directly however.

SDG

Ken McGuire

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS