Request: Ability to disable layout synchronization between computers

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:17 PM

I often have 2 different projects going on 2 computers. I also use my phone and tablet for different purposes than the desktop Logos.

Thus I find it annoying that when I restart the program or app, I have lost the layout and place in the Bibles I was when I shut down the program and it picks up the layout from another computer or device.

I would like an option to disable synchnonizing the last layout and resource position between devices. On the desktop, at least I can go to Layouts and select an older layout. But this is not an option on mobile devices. Either way it wastes time when I just want to start up where I left off on that device, not on whatever device happens to have synchronized most recently.

Posts 30640
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:01 PM

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but if you leave a resource "open" in the mobile app, it should respect your last usage on mobile. This should be true for a resource in either pane (I believe hidden or not).

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:25 PM

alabama24:
if you leave a resource "open" in the mobile app, it should respect your last usage on mobile. This should be true for a resource in either pan

That is what I would expect to happen, even if I switch the mobile device off. Unfortunately, it starts up with the passage I was using in my laptop.

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 9:45 PM

And I would add to this discussion the ability to not sync hidden book lists between devices.

I want all my books visible on my main work pc, but but would be happy to hide a couple of thousand on my lap top and mobile devices.

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:04 PM

Alan:
happy to hide a couple of thousand on my lap top and mobile devices.

Yes

Posts 30640
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 4:46 AM
Harry Hahne:
That is what I would expect to happen, even if I switch the mobile device off.
In all of my beta testing and daily usage of the app, I have not experienced the behavior you are describing (when the resource was left open) on the mobile app. I was wrong, however, about the book in its "hidden" pane… it has to be visible. Are you saying that the resource is changing locations even though it is open on mobile, or were you just confirming my mistake about the book staying in its place in its hidden pane?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 5:57 AM

Yes

Alan:

And I would add to this discussion the ability to not sync hidden book lists between devices.

I want all my books visible on my main work pc, but but would be happy to hide a couple of thousand on my lap top and mobile devices.

Posts 5977
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:40 PM

Hi Harry

One of the selling points for Logos is the ability to sync between devices however 

1. Layouts only sync between computers running Windows or OSX - layouts are not a feature of mobile devices.

2. If you are using the same layout for two different projects you can save the layout for each project under their own names. This would allow you to open each project just where you left off with all the resources and panels as you used them last. Providing you have updated the layout to latest snapshot before finish with that project.

3. I am not sure what you mean about the layouts changing on iOS or other app driven devises - I only use the iPhone and iPad and these do not facilitate layouts that bear any resemblance to the desktop layouts.

Perhaps I misunderstand?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 7:12 PM

Mike Binks:
I am not sure what you mean about the layouts changing on iOS or other app driven devises - I only use the iPhone and iPad and these do not facilitate layouts that bear any resemblance to the desktop layouts.

I understand that it is not layouts that are syncing from the desktop to the mobile. It is the location within the resource.

For example, if I was reading John 3 on the mobile device, I would expect it to still be at John 3 the next time I open Logos on Android. But in fact it often opens to whatever passage I happened to be looking at on the desktop version of Logos. It does not always do this. But often it does.

Yesterday, I was reading John 3:34 in the NASB95 and NA27 on my phone. Last night I was teaching on Titus 2:12 using Logos 5 for Windows with various linked resources, including NASB95 and NA27. Today, when I started Logos on my Android phone, it had changed to Titus 2;12. I would rather have it remember that I was reading John 3:34 on my phone, regardless of what I was doing on my desktop version of Logos.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS