Serendipity Bible Notes (Group Questions)

Page 5 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 87 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 11:54 PM

Patrick Rietveld:

When I click on the see inside button, I don't even see any question at all, only notes. So I am wondering if this is the same version as shown above.

Here are most of the notes for Chapter 3 from The CSB Life Connections Study Bible.  Note, again, no questions other than those at the beginning of the chapter: 

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 179
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2020 5:28 AM

I was able to find two pages that aligned in the Logos preview and Amazon's preview of the paperback version on a section that does not just include chapter questions. This is looking at Genesis 31. The paperback version has a question in the margin on verse 17-21 but I don't see this anywhere in the Logos preview.

I wonder if we can get anyone from Logos to confirm if this is just the notes from the Life Connections Study Bible or if it includes all of the margin questions too. The title of the product is "CSB Life Connections Study Bible Notes" but the features list "Utilizes the “Open-Consider-Apply” method for small group Bible study and personal reflection." I read that as saying this includes the questions but I'm not certain based on comments and the previews.

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2020 11:06 PM

John Eggen:
was able to find two pages that aligned in the Logos preview and Amazon's preview of the paperback version on a section that does not just include chapter questions. This is looking at Genesis 31. The paperback version has a question in the margin on verse 17-21 but I don't see this anywhere in the Logos preview.

The Kindle version has this question included with the Chapter 31 questions which are all printed together before the Bible text itself.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 179
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 6:07 AM

Has anyone else ordered and received this product? I was trying to use it for study time today and I can't find the chapter questions anywhere. For example, here is the starting page of Genesis 1 (used in all of the sample materials.) It says there are study guides in there but I cannot find them anywhere!

Posts 329
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 9:16 AM

John Eggen:
Has anyone else ordered and received this product? I was trying to use it for study time today and I can't find the chapter questions anywhere. For example, here is the starting page of Genesis 1 (used in all of the sample materials.) It says there are study guides in there but I cannot find them anywhere!

I just purchased it this morning, mainly because I have an old NIV Serendipity Bible for Groups from 1990 (third printing), and it's a bit ragged and thought a digital one would be nice to have. I'm a big fan of home Bible Study groups and knew that some of the questions in the paper back Bible were good, but the Logos version does not seem to have any of the question that I was looking for, it only has a commentary verse by verse, and it's  not what I was looking for.I might have to return this purchase.

Another good Bible I have is "The Experiencing God Study Bible"(New King James Bible Version) by Henry T. Blackaby and others...can't find that one anywhere either.

Blessings,

Posts 179
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 9:19 AM

I'm wondering if someone from Logos can respond to this. The product page and the product itself both indicate it includes margin questions but they don't appear to be in the actual product.

Posts 329
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 10:44 AM

John Eggen:

I'm wondering if someone from Logos can respond to this. The product page and the product itself both indicate it includes margin questions but they don't appear to be in the actual product.

I just returned my purchase of this product, and asked them to look into why it says one thing when describing the product, but nowhere to be found once you have it in your library trying to use it. Hoping they can come back with an Oops, sorry about that Big Smile and a quick fix, 

Posts 10558
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 11:52 AM

John Eggen:

Kyle answered in the parallel thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/189775/1094056.aspx#1094056 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 5 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS