Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 59
Y2K2 | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 6 2012 4:20 PM

Salutations to you all,

This evening  I opened Libronix, clicked File>Load Workspace and saw a workspace which I did not create called Libronix DLS Automatic Workspace.

Is there a feature in Libronix that automatically saves a workspace?

If so, how can I turn this feature off?

Thank you.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 5:28 PM

Y2K2:
If so, how can I turn this feature off?
Peace to you!

Here's a little information from the Help File of Logos 3.0g                   I think it explains the situation.  If not, please get back to us!        Peace to you!

Workspaces

Workspaces allow you to store the layout of the Libronix DLS main window and restore it at a later time. Workspaces save which application windows and dialogs are open and where and how they are positioned on the screen. This can be particularly useful if you have a task that you routinely perform, and you want to get “set up” for it quickly, or if you have long-term research and you want to “save your place” and come back to it. You can store as many different workspaces as you have tasks to prepare for.

Use the Save Workspace dialog to store your current layout to a new workspace file, and the Load Workspace dialog to restore that saved layout. You can also use the File > Recent Workspaces menu to choose a recently loaded workspace.

To delete a workspace, use the Delete button of the Load Workspace dialog.

You can configure the Libronix DLS to load a particular workspace each time you open the application by selecting the Load Workspace option in the General panel of the General Options dialog.

If you have selected the Restore Desktop to Last Session option in the General panel of the General Options dialog, the “Libronix DLS Automatic Workspace” file is automatically saved when you exit the application and automatically loaded when you run the application again.

Libronix Corporation. Libronix Digital Library System Help Manual.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 11328
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 5:57 PM

Milford ... didn't know that!  Looks like we have another Libronix expert on board.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:59 PM

DMB:
Milford ... didn't know that!  Looks like we have another Libronix expert on board.
Peace to you, Denise!

I worship at the feet of Dave Hooton!           For many a year now!         He is THE Libronix Expert, as good as anyone from Logos!     *smile*       In the Olde Logos Newsgroups, long before these Logos Forums, I used to make notes of his many "sharings."  I learned Logos (early editions, then Logos 3) inside and out!

I worship at Dave's feet ....                       For a hundred reasons!     Including personal items like his riding a sports bike .....  (I only ride a Suzuki Burgman 400 cc; however it goes fast enough for me!)  David, like my youngest son, the Firefighter, who has a Ducati, also has a major sports bike ...    or...    at least he did the last I knew....

I have a completely perfect operating Libronix Logos 3.0g on my I7 Acer Windows 7  -- 8 GB Ram -- 64 NOT 32 - just converted to Windows 8 Pro - that also works perfectly!  I am truly blessed in a myriad number of ways!                  *smile*              I save it and do not delete it for primarily two reasons ....    The Biographical ability and the Account summary.              I am currently  (with the help of my daughter who lives on Grand Cayman) compiling on Excel when I purchased, how much I paid, what it's worth now and quite a few other Excel time items re. my Logos Resources....                   I have a new will, and the Executor of my Estate will handle this, (I presume!  *smile* ) very wisely according to very clear instructions.

However, Denise, you will be displeased by my next statement ......

Although now and again I use it for some feature like "cascading windows," I can't imagine anyone not appreciating the fantastic power of Logos 5!   *smile*

Which brings us back to square one, eh???  Do you or do you not like cloud technology.                I didn't like it!     Then, I didn't care very much!             Now, I relish what I can do with my Logos 5.   The Power of Logos 5 really frees me!           *smile*

This, Denise, is a Suzuki Burgman!  What a wonderful vehicle to explore the magnificent Sedona area, close to one of the wonders of God's Majestic World!  *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 11328
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:36 PM

Well, Milford. You KNOW I'm chicken little!!

And I very much know that as much as I have an opinion, there's another million (!) Logos users that can truly enjoy Logos5, your advice .... and .... that nifty Suzuki!!

Please continue to help everyone with what God has planned for us all.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:46 PM

DMB:
Please continue to help everyone with what God has planned for us all.
Denise!    *smile*    

You can be so sweet!    Indeed!       The only reason I accepted my recent request and appointment from Logos to be MVP  was my desire to help brothers and sisters on these Logos Forums which actually I was doing anyhow!  *smile*

I wish you now -- and I'm sure I will be wishing you again in the future -- much happiness and satisfaction and completeness!

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 9:56 PM

Scooters are not safe to ride. Due to their rear engine design the front end is dangerously light. As a lifetime rider of motorcycles, and also a former owner of a honda helix, I know this from experience. Be careful especially when the road is wet.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:18 AM

John:

Scooters are not safe to ride. Due to their rear engine design the front end is dangerously light. As a lifetime rider of motorcycles, and also a former owner of a honda helix, I know this from experience. Be careful especially when the road is wet.

Peace, John!        Thanks so very much indeed for your post!               For some strange reason the Honda Helix never made it to Canada!    (or at least I've never heard of one here.          Looked it up and it also was called a "Maxi-Scooter"!                At 400 cc and about 450 pounds the Burgman is a little larger.      I do ride carefully, John!   Also, I truly appreciate your concern!                    You are correct about when the road is wet or when there are wet leaves around and/or other conditions that warrant due attention and care.  Perhaps the biggest danger is the other people on the road who don't seem to "see" the motorcycle riders, eh??? 

My first motorcycle was the year my daughter was born -- 1964!            A small Honda!            Probably my family will rejoice when I finally sell my "two-wheels," probably next year; however, it's going to be hard to do!       *smile*                 John, you've made my Saturday morning!             Thank you!

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:40 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Probably my family will rejoice when I finally sell my "two-wheels," probably next year; however, it's going to be hard to do!

I know what you mean, I still have regrets for selling some of the bikes I have owned in the past. I have had many, but the 1992 Honda 750 Nighthawk that I bought brand new and kept only a few years is the one I miss the most. In my opinion it was one of the best motorcycles ever made ... so of course they had to quit making them Cool

The Honda Helix was just a toy that my wife agreed I could have. Did I already remind you to never use the front brake on wet pavement? Surprise

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:52 PM

John:

Milford Charles Murray:

Probably my family will rejoice when I finally sell my "two-wheels," probably next year; however, it's going to be hard to do!

I know what you mean, I still have regrets for selling some of the bikes I have owned in the past. I have had many, but the 1992 Honda 750 Nighthawk that I bought brand new and kept only a few years is the one I miss the most. In my opinion it was one of the best motorcycles ever made ... so of course they had to quit making them Cool

The Honda Helix was just a toy that my wife agreed I could have. Did I already remind you to never use the front brake on wet pavement? Surprise

John!   Peace!        Big, Big *smile*                   Thanks for your concern!               I will be careful!   I live in Oshawa, Ontario where because of the lake the Canadian winter is not that bad, and my Burgman is "plugged in," all winter, with a "trickle charger" to keep the battery fresh.  I don't know about this winter since I really am getting older and more infirm (I thank our beautiful God for the sure Hope of the Resurrection through the sufferings and death and glorious resurrection of Jesus our Saviour !!!!)  ... however, when the roads are clean and clear and the temperature is above 20 degrees Fahrenheit and there's no strong wind ...       I may ride out to the local stores or take a short trip  ....  Blessings to you and your family this ChristmasTide!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS