How do you move/rearrange windows/panels in a layout?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1086
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:29 AM

Let's say I have a layout open that has three windows/panels, as indicated below.  Each window/panel has multiple tabs.

• Window/panel 1 on the left
  • Window/panel 2 in the middle
  • Window/panel 3 on the right

Now let's say I want to rearrange the order of the windows/panels in the layout?  For example, swap the locations of window/panel 1 and 2 (with all their tabs) so the layout is now in the order shown below.

• Window/panel 2 on the left
  • Window/panel 1 in the middle
Posts 5544
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:34 AM

RAusdahl:

Let's say I have a layout open that has three windows/panels, as indicated below.  Each window/panel has multiple tabs.

• Window/panel 1 on the left
  • Window/panel 2 in the middle

Now let's say I want to rearrange the order of the windows/panels in the layout?  For example, swap the locations of window/panel 1 and 2 (with all their tabs) so the layout is now in the order shown below.

• Window/panel 2 on the left
  • Window/panel 1 in the middle

As far as I know, you can only move resources from one panel to another. I'm not aware of any way of moving entire panels.

But you'd only have to do this once for that layout, after which you could save it, and recall it whenever you wanted.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1106
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:36 AM

Hold down on shift as you drag a tab: all the tabs in that panel will move along with it.

Posts 5544
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:44 AM

Integ:

Hold down on shift as you drag a tab: all the tabs in that panel will move along with it.

Now that I've learned something new, I'm done for the day. Wink

Thanks!

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1086
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:51 AM

Thanks for the quick replies!

Integ's tip to hold down the shift key while dragging a tab did the trick.  I had tried clicking and dragging on various parts of a panel (including a tab) while holding the CTRL key and/or the ALT key, but hadn't tried the SHIFT key.

Thanks so much for the help.  I couldn't find any documentation about it within LOGOS Help.

Posts 1106
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:55 AM

You're welcome Smile Glad I could help.

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 12:09 PM

Integ:

You're welcome Smile Glad I could help.

Thank you, Integ, so very much!                  Absolutely brilliant!             I checked as best I could ....   couldn't find that either in the Logos 5 Help file OR wiki.logos.com OR http://www.logos.com/ArticleViewer/2099s

So!             *smile*          Your sharing with the Logos Forums is truly absolutely brilliant.  I have a prayer list of unique tips and tricks and have added your info!

Again, Thank You!                                      Peace to you!                         and ...               ....   Always Joy in the Lord!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1
Richard A Humphrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 23 2017 1:22 PM

Thanks so much this little trick makes my reading world very happy.... Big Smile

Posts 502
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 24 2017 4:54 AM

Levi Durfey:

It's intuitive once I saw it, but I never would have guessed to try. Thanks, Levi.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS