Specials feedback for Logos

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:48 AM

I don't know for others but for my part, I prefer sales that allow me to choose the products I want. Last year's Christmas sale was great (with the percentage back). Generally, I am rarely interested in what select products are picked.

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:51 AM

I agree it would be nice to have generic discounts where we could pick the resource(s) we wanted.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:59 AM

I think a possible challenge for users that have been building their libraries for many years is that we have either already bought what is on special or we have passed on it before. (Vines, IVP, Piper, etc.) This seemed particularly true on the Black Friday sales.  On Logos' side, I can appreciate they will run specials on their best sellers because a lot of new customers haven't had the chance to buy some of this stuff on special.  The Christmas credit sale was brilliant from this regard in that you could sidestep the process of Logos picking what you could save on, but I suspect with the launch of L5 they are capitalizing this instead this year.  Of course these are all guesses!

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 12:04 AM

I wish there was a quick way to see what books would be new to me in the bundles that they are offering. I am interested in purchasing 2 of the XL bundles, but I honestly don't have the time to go through to see which books I already own and which ones would be new. Thus I am just not buying any.

Charlene

Posts 9621
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 4:18 AM

Charlene:

I wish there was a quick way to see what books would be new to me in the bundles that they are offering. I am interested in purchasing 2 of the XL bundles, but I honestly don't have the time to go through to see which books I already own and which ones would be new. Thus I am just not buying any.

Yes, it has been a lot of work to wade through my library to figure this out. I'm not sure how much work it is for Logos programmers to do this but I know that it would result in more sales if they did.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2896
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:56 AM

Francis:
I don't know for others but for my part, I prefer sales that allow me to choose the products I want.

I think most everyone would agree with that. 

However, it seems reasonable that Logos can from time to time offer greater discounts on some items than they can others.  (That is because of various reasons such as publishers discounts, supply and demand, etc.)  So it might be nice to offer a combination of both.  A certain discount sale on what the customer chooses, but a higher discount on particular items that Logos can afford to sell cheaper.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS