Collection RULES

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:54 AM

In another post Louis St. Hilaire mentioned that the metadata for the Early Church Fathers series.

This reminds me of a question I've had for awhile. If the metadata is changed for the Early Church Fathers series, how does that affect the RULES in current collections?

Is there any means of searching through all the RULES to find what was originally there to update to the newer data? I've a great number of collections and it really would be tedious to look at each one to look for an old title.

Or has this been discussed in other posts?

thanX!!

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 26968
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:24 PM

You will have to determine the effect for yourself. There will be an impact if you selected individual books by series or volume info in title, or by abbreviated title, or even alternate title.

If you selected by series, there will be no change.

In general, metadata changes are unannounced and do not affect the function of your collections e.g. a bible commentary gets relegated to (type) bible notes, or a monograph becomes a concordance. Louis was providing information about Early Church Fathers because it will affect the population of collections, and possibly their function.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 4:19 AM

thanX!! Dave.  That's what I figured.... All's well!

God bless

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS