Libronix 3 on Vista to Logos 4 on Windows 7

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Barry van der Merwe | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 12 2012 4:18 AM

Hi,

I have a Libronix Schollar's Library that runs on my PC with Vista (PC1). I just bought a new PC with Windows 7 (PC 2).

I installed the free Logos 4 engine on PC2 and tried to get L4 to discover my Libronix resources via the following methods:

1. Syncronization.
  2. Placing the Libronix 3.0 F DVD in the drive and typing "scan" in the command box.
  3. Placing the Libronix 3.0 F DVD in the drive and typing "scan disc" in the command box.
  4. Copying the Libronix folder from "My Documents" as well as the Resource folder on PC1 to an external HDD and then typed "scan E:\Folder name" in the command box in L4 (PC2).
  5. Restart Logos 4

In all instances I could not get L4 to discover my Libronix resources. What else should I do?

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:31 AM

Barry v/d Merwe:
"scan E:\Folder name" in the command box in L4 (PC2).

...just to be sure...

When you type "scan" do you do it in upper case? My understanding is that it might be important to use Capital letters.

When you typed scan per the example I've quoted above, did you "click" through into the actual Resource folder and then copy that whole path into your Command window in L4?

ie SCAN E:Libronix DLS\Resource etc? That might make a difference? 

If these results end in failure, you might have to call Customer Service to make sure these resources are alsounlocked to your L4 account (and that the account uses the same email address as the one you have been using for Libronix 3?

All the best

Regards, SteveF

Posts 27240
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 2:24 PM

Barry v/d Merwe:

I installed the free Logos 4 engine on PC2 and tried to get L4 to discover my Libronix resources via the following methods:

Did you downloaded resources and index them on PC2?  What was missing?

Did you restart Logos after you entered scan xxxxx? (lowercase is fine)

(you should be able to observe/hear it scanning the disc after you restart Logos).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS