Seriously, your problem is that you didn't get the sale that you wanted....

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5087
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 12:19 PM

I've spent my career working in retail head offices, currently working for one of the top ten retail companies in Australia where I work closely with demand planners and am working towards moving into that field ove the next few years so I get retail and I get customers, I'm one of those.

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 12:29 PM

Andrew Mckenzie:

Seriously, your problem is that

Andrew, I agree with you your post. I do think, however, that you might have worded the title in a more winsome way for those who don't agree with you, since your purpose was to encourage and cultivate gratitude. The substance of your post was excellent, but the title may turn some people away, the very people to whom you're writing.

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 12:30 PM

Andrew Mckenzie:

I've spent my career working in retail head offices, currently working for one of the top ten retail companies in Australia where I work closely with demand planners and am working towards moving into that field ove the next few years so I get retail and I get customers, I'm one of those.

oh sure, you really know about customers if you've worked in the head office Hmm

Personally I haven't seen this complaining that you're complaining about. If they are complaining, let them; I find people getting on their high moral horse just as distasteful personally, and would rather not be exposed to it. Logos is a business, not a ministry. 

Posts 5087
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 12:57 PM

No I said I know about customers because I am one, and I am one that keeps Logos on their toes.  I agree Logos is a business, I don't know why you think I am saying its a ministry. And my post was not a complaint but a challenge for us all to stop and consider our reactions to not getting what we think we should get.  I am sorry you don't find it helpful as a Christian to stop and reflect on these sort of things from time to time.  Others have found it helpful, but a couple haven't. I had no expectation of how people would respond.  Regardless my prayer is that all would continue to grow in their knowledge and understanding of God's grace and love as they study the word using Logos Bible software.

Posts 5087
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 1:03 PM

Thanks Garret yes I agree it could have been titled differently, but was too late to change when I thought about it.  Appreciate your feedback. 

Posts 6479
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:10 AM

The title of the OP summarizes the problem...LOL

Hey, when there's a sale that doesn't mean I will always get what I want.  Some might wonder "Why include Lenski if it's already a part of MY package?" Well, because someone else doesn't have YOUR package and they can benefit from the sale either way...LOL...Personally, sales are there to target those who are interested not to please those who want a specific item.  For example, Walmart has a sale on an alarm clock and not a 60 inch HDTV, am I gonna get mad because they didn't put the HDTV on sale because I don't need an alarm clock? No, I just have to accept the fact that the HDTV might go on sale some other day.  Same with Logos sales, I don't have Lenski and I don't need Lenski because it's outdated and his handling of the Greek is not as reliable anymore due to new research on the language.  I don't have BECNT all volumes and I could certainly use it and would buy it now, but am I gonna get mad because Logos put Lenski on sale and not BECNT? Of course not! Because Logos is not out there to please me as an individual and I certainly don't run the company and cannot tell them what to put or not to put on sale because the sale I want may not be the sale others want.

So in the final analysis, let's just be thankful for what we have and then when the opportunity comes we can then get what we want, if not you can still call your sales person and they can still make it accessible to purchase what you want a price that might be better than "the sale" that is going now right now ;-) And that's all folks!

Blessings!

DAL

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS