Logos deleted my bible notes!

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 178
Sir Maru | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:07 AM

Sam Pedigo:

Alexander,

I had the same thing happen yesterday.  Four months worth of Galatians notes gone and undelete did not retrieve them.  Called Logos but didn't get much help.  If you do get your file back please let me know who helped you and what the solution was.

Look in your Recycle Bin on your desktop.  Its possible you can restore your notes from there.

Posts 64
Sam Pedigo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:15 AM

already looked.  nothing there.

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:15 AM

"David Mitchell" [email redacted] is a really helpful guy. He was able to track down the problem and restore it. I am sure he can do it for you to. I will pray for you, brother.

Strange. Maybe it is a bug in Logos 5? I hope they fix it. I have exported my notes file as backup now. I recommend that you do it too. Maybe on your hard drive or on a USB.

Take care and God Bless you! 

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:27 AM

Alexander Hansson:

"David Mitchell" [email redacted] is a really helpful guy. He was able to track down the problem and restore it. I am sure he can do it for you to. I will pray for you, brother.

Strange. Maybe it is a bug in Logos 5? I hope they fix it. I have exported my notes file as backup now. I recommend that you do it too. Maybe on your hard drive or on a USB.

Take care and God Bless you! 

Paise the Lord! it is good news my brother ,that you have your decuments recovered.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 449
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:52 AM

Have offline storage on Amazon S3 - very inexpensive. Use Cloudberry Explorer as interface to S3. Have a sync folder set up for y Logos Docs so it will sync from PC to S3 (runs like a macro). Very easy and fast.

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:59 AM

Sam,

"David Mitchell" [email redacted]: is very helpful. I hope that he may help you. I will pray for you that your files also will be restored. 

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:59 AM

Thank you Tes. Yes, praise the Lord! :)

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:03 AM

Thank you Bill. I will try that. But I already have Google Drive and Dropbox. Is it possible to do the same with these services? Thank you.

P.S. What folder should I sync? 

Posts 449
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:05 AM

Dropbox - I think to get that to work you would have to put the Logos documents folder in Dropbox. So, Logos would have to know the path to update. Not sure how to do that. And, if you did get it to work, am not sure how well that might work since it is a LIVE sync. May cause problems with Logos and make it slower... that is, as soon as Logos syncs, Dropbox will.

But, the folder to sync (if you have Windows) is: C:\Users\[your computer's name]\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents\[random]\Documents

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:37 AM

Thank you. How do I find this folder on my iMac?

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:41 AM

Alexander Hansson:

I'd prefer not to have my email address posted publicly on the forums. If you need to get in touch with the developers of Sync and http://documents.logos.com, you can find us in this Faithlife group: https://faithlife.com/logosdocuments.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:43 AM

I am terribly sorry for this! I will delete my post. I couldn't find a way to delete my post, but thank you for editing it. God bless you!

Posts 64
Sam Pedigo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 10:41 AM

Thanks David for getting my notes back!

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS