Differing L4 and L5 Bible Reading Plan Settings

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 20 2012 5:09 AM
I have L5 installed on my Win 7 SP1 X84 laptop, but still have L4 installed on my Win XP SP3 X86 desktop (because L5 cannot be used with Win XP). I currently have a Bible Reading Plan configured, and it consistently shows the correct date and reading on both machines.  (Good so far...) However, when I load the Reading Plan in L4, the Bible Reading comes up correctly, and also has "Passage Guide" to the left and "Explorer" to the right (which is a very helpful arrangement), but when I load the Plan in L5, what comes up is the Bible Reading to the left and the Bible Reading Plan Settings page to the right (and I certainly don't need to see the Settings page 365 days of the year). Is there any way to control the L5 Bible Reading Plan display so that it shows the helpful Passage Guide and Explorer tabs (as in L4), instead of the annoying Bible Reading Plan Settings tab every day instead? As usual, I am left feeling that Logos 5 provides a frustrating lack of control over how it behaves.  (L4 leaves me feeling that way, too, but at least what seems to be the default Reading Plan display in L4 is more useful than the display in L5.)  I am hoping that there is a way to simply and automatically do this that someone will point out to me - {grin}. As usual, thanks for any suggestions provided. I apologize for the huge single paragraph, but I copied and pasted the above from a text editor and the forum editor simply won't let me turn it back into the more readable paragraphs that I originally intended.  {Grrr...}

Fred

Posts 27903
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 2:54 PM

How are you loading the Plan?  From Home page?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 4:06 PM

Dave Hooton:

How are you loading the Plan?  From Home page?

Yes, Dave.

Fred

Posts 27903
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 8:30 PM

The best way to control that is to save a layout with your desired resources and not load the Home page when Logos starts. If you include the Reading Plan (whether in a floating window or a pane) you can start your reading from that. If you go to the Home Page you can still start the Reading and it goes back to the layout I loaded in L5.

Just experiment with a layout to find what best suits you e.g. what happens if the resource is not in the layout when you start the Reading from the Home page (you would normally include both the Plan and the resource in the layout, but see what happens anyway).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 6:40 AM

Hi, Dave.

Well, I will experiment a bit with layout arrangements, I guess.  However, it then seems too bad that one can't start the program with a favorite layout already loaded, replacing the "normal" start page.

And, I am still a bit annoyed that there are no Bible Reading Plan settings to allow for such customization normally.  Crying

Thanks for your suggestions.  Smile

Fred

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS